Our valued sponsor

Advice on setup Austrian resident

awesomebasel

Jun 19, 2021
Basel
Visit site
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what's the best set up for me:

- I am based on Austria, and can't physically nor virtually move because we live here as a family
- I have an international income (USD) from a remote company
- I pay taxes currently as a sole proprietary

Since taxes are super high in Austria, I am looking for options to optimize the burden. Preferable with a setup only based in EU/EFTA.
I don't need my full cash flow, so being able to leave it in a limited would be an option. The question is what is the best option? Estonia, due to simple setup? Romania?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: GameBoy
Hi,

I am not qualified to say anything about Austria Tax system, but some time ago I read different articles about Cyprus Organschaft combined with Austria residence.

Google 'organschaft zypern österreich' and you will find several articles.

However, I have no idea if that solution is bullet proof or eventually will lead to bigger problems from Austria side later.

Good luck

If you a close to a border you can build up a company with substance: office, depends on which legislation: coworker etc and travel regularly there (like 1-2 days a week) then you can keep money in the company and invest from there - the personal tax rate will always be the austrian as long DTT say it differently - everything depends on how much turnaround you have, that you actually save some money - from my perspective i would talk to my fam about the advantages of leaving as a whole. Organschaft which was mentioned before might be an option , but there are also costs for keeping it running - maybe its more interesting to move and put the whole amount of money in your pocket