Our valued sponsor

Albania to remove taxes for digital nomads

Great thank you for the reply. I would be happy to pay 5% tax if I can have residency and tax return there. This 5% you mentioned for digital nomad/ tech would this be for a sole trader or for an Ltd. equivalent with limited liability( In this case 5% corp tax rate+ 8% dividend tax or corp tax rate + taxation of dividend 5% in total? I am also interested in Albania.
Just be careful as the DN Visa does NOT include tax residency. IMHO i twas a bad last minute change. Getting residency is somewhat harder - here's a blog I wrote last year from Albania.

Reactions: Conte Ugolino
Well, in some countries it does. Albania not. To get tax residency you have to spend 6 months of every year there. Which means, unless you're a US citz (or 1 or 2 other countries) you need a Visa to stay longer than 3 months.

Well, in some countries it does. Albania not. To get tax residency you have to spend 6 months of every year there. Which means, unless you're a US citz (or 1 or 2 other countries) you need a Visa to stay longer than 3 months.
Wrong.
It is never a visa that gets you tax residency. It is the fact that you stayed or have your habitual abode in that country.
If you are an illegal immigrant (no valid visa or no visa at all), you are still a tax resident.

So, stop with this visa argument; it just confuses others.