Our valued sponsor

Alternative to TransferWise (Wise) to open a US account

satoshim

May 20, 2022
St Kities
Visit site
Stripe forces you to have an account in the US in order to receive USD payouts. Wise works fine but since I need to create a new company and since Wise Business says during the registration process: "Due to high demand, we can't onboard businesses from this country right now. Join the waitlist, and we'll email you when you're able to sign up", I need an alternative. Revolut offers USD accounts but are not in the US but in Europe.

I could open a regular account in the US in one of the many banks in there but most of them I believe will require me to physically be there. I can't travel to the US as I don't have the lizard juice.

What's a good alternative to receive USD Stripe payouts?

Do you guys know if waiting for Wise to reopen registrations is viable?

Reactions: jakubko666
I am trying to open an account in Wise for a company from Cyprus by the way.

Seems the "high demand" wise mentions has been going on from at least Sept 2021 according to when below thread started ca#"!. Doesn't sound like that is real reason otherwise high demand has been going on for at least 8 months....really lol?

Reactions: sebastian
Seems the "high demand" wise mentions has been going on from at least Sept 2021 according to when below thread started ca#"!. Doesn't sound like that is real reason otherwise high demand has been going on for at least 8 months....really lol?
It definitely sounds odd but they are in the same situation for many other countries such as Poland, Spain, Malta or Sweden so I'd say it may be something internal but not related to Cyprus particularly.