Our valued sponsor

American Bank account

Given your constraints, look up remote-opening service providers. Upgrade to a proper bank later. Transferwise should be OK for the time being. Or Mercury.co if you work via your own US LLC.
Hi you mentioned Mercury.Co who I have heard of, do you know much about? Do you know anybody who has or does actually make use of them?

Here, you can find information

You can also open an EMI at transferwise or Payoneer.

Payoneer provides local US bank accounts details:

Transferwise:

I would opt for transferwise because payoneer may block incoming transfer

Hi, if you still need an account in the US for your business then just use Payoneer, I have been using it for ages and it works very well for people in south africa
Hi BadX thanks for your reply, are a South African if I may ask and I you using this to yourself to get paid out of the US? Sorry for the direct questions but I am really trying to find a solution to my problems. Have a super day further and thanks for your assistance.

Hi BadX thanks for your reply, are a South African if I may ask and I you using this to yourself to get paid out of the US? Sorry for the direct questions but I am really trying to find a solution to my problems. Have a super day further and thanks for your assistance.
I am South African and yes I do receive payments using Payoneer from US and European countries and just withdraw cash directly to my SA account and it only takes about 3 days if you use FNB

1) in person account openings are the only possibility for non-corp US accounts. (it works, really (been there done it, got it)
2) transferwise is fine for receiving money (as long as it legit, and can be documented)
3) Pyoneer also gives you a US account number, but is more limited.

1) in person account openings are the only possibility for non-corp US accounts. (it works, really (been there done it, got it)
But you will still need to have a reason for them to open the account or can you just walk into the bank with your passport and utility bill from India and ask them to open an account. Will they smile and dance and just open the account as you say?

But you will still need to have a reason for them to open the account or can you just walk into the bank with your passport and utility bill from India and ask them to open an account. Will they smile and dance and just open the account as you say?
Opening a bank account in the US as a non-resident is very hit or miss. You can find reports of people who have tried and failed, and people who have done it successfully for themselves and/or for their US LLCs.

From what I've gathered, if you are visiting in New York or Miami, your chances of getting approved are higher than if you are elsewhere in the country (except maybe Delaware, and you want to open an account for a Delaware LLC). Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, and US Bank are reportedly open to non-residents. In California, there are some smaller, regional banks that will consider people from Asian countries but I'm not aware of any for Indians, it's mostly for Chinese and Koreans and South East Asia.

Show up with passport, proof of address, recent bank statement, and credit card statements (and the corresponding credit card). If you get rejected just go to another bank.

Reactions: AMD
Does someone has an update if this can work and how they get this work or where are we with the account opening in the US for foreigners?