Our valued sponsor

Amex Card are best in the USA, How to financially be based there?

You don't have to be resident in the US to get an Amex. It's available in a lot of countries. Check with your local bank/s.

But if you want a US-issued Amex, you need to either be a high profile person who spends a lot of time in the US and/or build up a US credit history. A US bank account isn't strictly required, but can increase your chances. Banks in Wyoming and Nevada are not more open to non-residents. Go to New York, Miami, or LA.

You don't have to be resident in the US to get an Amex. It's available in a lot of countries. Check with your local bank/s.

But if you want a US-issued Amex, you need to either be a high profile person who spends a lot of time in the US and/or build up a US credit history. A US bank account isn't strictly required, but can increase your chances. Banks in Wyoming and Nevada are not more open to non-residents. Go to New York, Miami, or LA.
Neat, so you need a US Credit History to open up an American Amex, how do you go about building this? Or perhaps copying over the history of your native country's Credit History to help?

Neat, so you need a US Credit History to open up an American Amex, how do you go about building this? Or perhaps copying over the history of your native country's Credit History to help?
Get an ITIN (us tax number). Open bank account with this ITIN. Get a credit building card. BofA offered this in the past directly. Pay off your debt on time. Bring some time and build your credit.

Amex did allow to transfer credit file from uk over to us. Not sure if this is still possible.

I wouldn't go for this hassle just for an "American Amex" or an Amex in general. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have an Amex for travel any if you have to opportunity grab one, but mostly in Europe day to day life the use cases are more than limited.

I wouldn't be so sure either if you can use you "American Amex Perks" in Europe aswell or "earn" them.

I wouldn't go for this hassle just for an "American Amex" or an Amex in general. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have an Amex for travel any if you have to opportunity grab one, but mostly in Europe day to day life the use cases are more than limited.

I wouldn't be so sure either if you can use you "American Amex Perks" in Europe aswell or "earn" them.
I've consistently heard that the experience of amex cards in the USA is extremely better than that offered in other territories and countries

Get an ITIN (us tax number). Open bank account with this ITIN. Get a credit building card. BofA offered this in the past directly. Pay off your debt on time. Bring some time and build your credit.

Amex did allow to transfer credit file from uk over to us. Not sure if this is still possible.
Thanks this is great info!

Last edited: