Our valued sponsor

Any experience with Armenia bank?

Nishizawa

Member Plus
Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
I have heard that Armenia is one of the easiest countries to open an offshore account in the world.

I have a private account in Georgia, but I still wonder if there are countries where non-resident foreigner can easily open offshore account.

Has anyone ever used a bank in Armenia? I wonder what its reputation is like.

Reactions: Zaki
You can open remotely with ameriabank in Armenia. I think I discussed already in another thread btw.

Distant Account Opening

Has anyone ever used a bank in Armenia?

Yes but closed it shortly after conflict broke out. Remember the place is a conflict zone with armed conflict with Azerbaijan. It is not a place to think your money is safe when bits of territory of each country keep swapping hands :confused:. You could find your Armenian account is now an Azerbaijan account the next time you log in (I exaggerate here...lol).

I wonder what its reputation is like.

I took the train once from Tbilisi to Yerevan when I lived in Georgia to open a business. They have banks there where Iranian's, Syrians and Iraqi residents can open accounts without any problems at all......do you need to know anything more about reputation?ca#"!

You can open remotely with ameriabank in Armenia. I think I discussed already in another thread btw.

Distant Account Opening

Yes but closed it shortly after conflict broke out. Remember the place is a conflict zone with armed conflict with Azerbaijan. It is not a place to think your money is safe when bits of territory of each country keep swapping hands :confused:. You could find your Armenian account is now an Azerbaijan account the next time you log in (I exaggerate here...lol).

I took the train once from Tbilisi to Yerevan when I lived in Georgia to open a business. They have banks there where Iranian's, Syrians and Iraqi residents can open accounts without any problems at all......do you need to know anything more about reputation?ca#"!
Do you personally trust Armenian banks?

Talking about banking entities themselves, not geopolitical risk

RANT START:(

I don't trust any bank that's why I maintain a lot of Bank/EMI accounts. Would I feel safe with my money in Armenian bank? Well no safer than a Georgian bank or any eastern European bank I feel.

In general you assume all the banks risk when you put your money in any bank. You are lending your money to that bank when you make a deposit, as you know, so there is a chance you may not get it back in a timely manor. Even EU deposit protection is meaningless if they deny you access to your money like in Cyprus during crisis. I can imagine Ameria bank would not hesitate to do the same.

If I could I would avoid all banks and the entire banking system. Banking in 2019 is one of the only private sector businesses where you are made to feel grateful just to be accepted as a customer. Imagine having to feel grateful that McDonald's serves you a burger conf/(%. Messed up world.

RANT START:(

I don't trust any bank that's why I maintain a lot of Bank/EMI accounts. Would I feel safe with my money in Armenian bank? Well no safer than a Georgian bank or any eastern European bank I feel.

In general you assume all the banks risk when you put your money in any bank. You are lending your money to that bank when you make a deposit, as you know, so there is a chance you may not get it back in a timely manor. Even EU deposit protection is meaningless if they deny you access to your money like in Cyprus during crisis. I can imagine Ameria bank would not hesitate to do the same.

If I could I would avoid all banks and the entire banking system. Banking in 2019 is one of the only private sector businesses where you are made to feel grateful just to be accepted as a customer. Imagine having to feel grateful that McDonald's serves you a burger conf/(%. Messed up world.
Bitcoin can save us

I believe Bitcoin is the best bet for governments to collect taxes and do mass surveillance in the future. They will probably embrace it and even support it one day when they realise the potential.

If governments adopt blockchain technology it will only enslave humanity.

Reactions: Cetme308win
thats what I'm saying lol

I do not look forward to the day when blockchain technology and biometric technology take over. The end times are near so get good with God.

Revelations 13:16:

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six."

thank you for the update @4br - do you know if this is something new or if it has been like this always and we simply got misleading information in the other threads?

thank you for the update @4br - do you know if this is something new or if it has been like this always and we simply got misleading information in the other threads?

I think this thread refers to personal accounts, which it seems they open for non-residents, including remotely.

I don't know what it was like before this. I got this information from them today.

Armeria bank don't open remotely right now. Presence requiered

Yes I guess they got tired of everyone of this forum asking to open an account remotely smi(&%. They know whats up.

Latest Threads