Our valued sponsor

Any interesting banks in Puerto Rico besides Fvbank ?

Unfortunately I didn't know anything about EuroPacific when I went there back in 2014, I needed a bank that allowed me to have multiple currencies and a brokerage account, at the time I was banking with UBS and they didn't offer any of those two things. EuroPac was the first bank I tried to open an account with and it worked perfectly for years, the KYC was pretty standard and you were only allowed to transfer money to another bank account under your name, so no third party wire transfers, and if the OCIF had not acted the way it did I would have carried on banking with EuroPac, and by the way, I had to submit a CRS form as they reported those who had a brokerage account.
Did you lose money?
If affirmative, how much did you lose?
You can limit the answer by saying 5 digits, 6 digits, etc.

Did you lose money?
If affirmative, how much did you lose?
You can limit the answer by saying 5 digits, 6 digits, etc.

According to the bank all deposits will be returned once the Receiver has finished liquidating the bank, according to the last update we will know more at the end of this month, supposedly some deposits have already been transferred to another financial institution that has bought the accounts from Receivership (the same financial institutions that was going to buy the bank back in 2021, Qenta) but there are other deposits that are still stuck in the Correspondent bank which is located in Portugal (Novo bank.)

Time will tell....

Reactions: jafo