Our valued sponsor

Anyone heard of Silicon Valley Bank for account opening in the USA for non citizens?

jorge

Corporate Services
Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I was just made aware of the Silicon Valley Bank http://www.svb.com/ and that they approve USA bank accounts for non US citizens! From what I can see:

/IMG/silicon-valley-bank-us-bank-account.jpg

They provide banking almost worldwide but as the name said located in the USA. So, what I think is that they can open bank account for non US citizens in some of the countries outside of the USA but not with one of their USA branches.

For now I have send them a request through their contact form to ask them for a bank account in New York! I made them aware of that I don't have any SSN number and that I'm a citizen in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you had any reply from them yet? Just wondering...

Reactions: pontiacG8
So far they came back with a huge e-mail like the one below:

Thank you for contacting SVB. In order to direct you to the appropriate team within SVB, it would help us to have the following information. As you may know, SVB provides financial services to technology companies and the investor community.

Company Name:

Contact Name:

Contact Phone Number:

Contact E-mail Address:

Business Location:

*If the location is outside of the US, please let us know the following:

? Will the company have a physical US location and if so, where?

? Will members of the management team be located in the US?

Company Website:

Type of Business (brief description):

Length of time in Business:

Currently Banking With:

Banking Needs:

Company revenue and if so, anticipated sales to be this year:

Who referred the you to SVB?

Has the company received funding to date and if so, how much was raised and who are the investors?

Is the company part of an incubator working with startups?

Client Support Center

2 Palo Alto Square Suite 110, Palo Alto CA 94306

888-572-7823

I'm not aware of why they can't just answer my simple question :D

Will be interesting to find out what they say and if it's possible.

Will be interesting to find out what they say and if it's possible.
Yeah, I got the below PM from a forum user who says he is able to help.. I'm considering his offer at the moment but want to wait until I have received some response from the bank and US government.

The process is pretty simple and even. I am a US citizen and I am able to branch out to act as your registered agent to file and open up accounts on your behalf. There are three banks that allow Non US citizens open accounts with the ability to manage businesses.

You would provide $500.00. $200 is refundable once you get access to the accounts. You'd be able to withdraw. I would need all your information. A scan of your passport, etc. The address that I would be shipping the cards to, etc.

What I get for you is:

A US address (which is redirected to your address where you are)

If you have a business operating where you are. We can register a DBA (Doing Business As) and an EIN which collaborates with your Identification purposes.

You would get access to the US account via online access within a day of the account opening. Then I would set it up so that anything you have is forwarded so the cards would get to you within 7-14 days.

Hope this helps.

Okay...wow if he is able to help you with this task for roughly $300 it sounds like a good deal. For me it still sounds a little too good, not sure why.

Thanks for sharing all this information jorge, I would like to know if you got any additional information about all this or if you tried the service?

Just a quick update' date=' still not repsonse from [url']Ras Al Khaimah[/url] seems they are not the fastest or they are a joke for the public.
I will send them some questions too and please if other read this please do so as well and post the answer here. They should and must answer!

So far they came back with a huge e-mail like the one below:
Thank you for contacting SVB. In order to direct you to the appropriate team within SVB, it would help us to have the following information. As you may know, SVB provides financial services to technology companies and the investor community.

Company Name:

Contact Name:

Contact Phone Number:

Contact E-mail Address:

Business Location:

*If the location is outside of the US, please let us know the following:

? Will the company have a physical US location and if so, where?

? Will members of the management team be located in the US?

Company Website:

Type of Business (brief description):

Length of time in Business:

Currently Banking With:

Banking Needs:

Company revenue and if so, anticipated sales to be this year:

Who referred the you to SVB?

Has the company received funding to date and if so, how much was raised and who are the investors?

Is the company part of an incubator working with startups?

Client Support Center

2 Palo Alto Square Suite 110, Palo Alto CA 94306

888-572-7823

I'm not aware of why they can't just answer my simple question :D
I read they are not good for personal banking and foreigners.

Reactions: happyjohn
I did some researching on Google about them and they are not worth to spend any time on nor pay alot of attention to. They are more for startups in the USA, Silicon Valley specific.

I did some researching on Google about them and they are not worth to spend any time on nor pay alot of attention to. They are more for startups in the USA' date=' Silicon Valley specific.[/quote']
I read the same and they are not a good bank from what I read!

Reactions: jorge
While we are waiting for Jorge ( :) ) Someone may contact this bank directly to ask them for clarification.

Latest Threads