Our valued sponsor

Anyone know of any banks offering *personal* accounts with the following combination of features?

WorldCitizen99

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Feb 12, 2022
Mexico
Visit site
-non-residents can apply
-good app/online banking features
-you are able to do international wire transfers of larger sums of money (at least $25,000) via online banking by yourself without needing to communicate with bank employees.
-safe banking jurisdiction
-application preferably can be done online, but not essential

I have a corporate acct in Canada where I can do all my own wires but it is not available for personal accounts. I need to call the bank or go in person for personal wires.

Last edited:
You are a Canadian resident, I conclude. Do you have a Canadian passport, too?

IMO, in such a case you can, for example, go well with almost any Swiss bank, if you are not insisting on possibility to apply on-line and you are able to travel. Some (CIM Banque, Dukascopy /beware of limits/, Flowbank) allow applying on-line; but because of that are perhaps too much demanded. Swiss jurisdiction is still one of the best for banking, regardless of all the changes. An introducer will help.
BTW, in Canada are at least 1-2 purely on-line banks, too; but I do not recall the names at this moment :(

BTW, in Canada are at least 1-2 purely on-line banks, too; but I do not recall the names at this moment :(
Update: Just now I recalled – Brightside (it is a branch/trademark of ATB Financial), Tangerine Bank ... and also one more big bank has a “digital daughter”, it begins with S, I think.
But it is all that I know, no clue about limits etc.
Perhaps you can search also here Neobanks in Canada in 2020 | NeoBanks.app

Last edited:
Reactions: joffreylol
-non-residents can apply
-good app/online banking features
-you are able to do international wire transfers of larger sums of money (at least $25,000) via online banking by yourself without needing to communicate with bank employees.
-safe banking jurisdiction
-application preferably can be done online, but not essential

Try Barclays Bank in Jersey.

Or HSBC Jersey (not my personal choice however :().

Reactions: WorldCitizen99
IMO, in such a case you can, for example, go well with almost any Swiss bank, if you are not insisting on possibility to apply on-line and you are able to travel. Some (CIM Banque, Dukascopy /beware of limits/, Flowbank) allow applying on-line; but because of that are perhaps too much demanded. Swiss jurisdiction is still one of the best for banking, regardless of all the changes. An introducer will help.

Update: Just now I recalled – Brightside (it is a branch/trademark of ATB Financial), Tangerine Bank ... and also one more big bank has a “digital daughter”, it begins with S, I think.
But it is all that I know, no clue about limits etc.
Perhaps you can search also here Neobanks in Canada in 2020 | NeoBanks.app
I don't know if I'll make it to Switzerland so I will write to CIM and see how much control personal account holders have over moving money around internationally. I applied to get a Dukascopy account but I heard there were issues with debit cards and the account limit was 50K. I have a Tangerine acct and it is fine for transfers in Canada but not internationally.
It is mostly the ability to move USD around that is important to me.
I have a Wise account but they limit my USD transfer to 20 or 40K (I forgot) PER YEAR which is not enough.

Try Barclays Bank in Jersey.

Or HSBC Jersey (not my personal choice however :().

Santander in Jersey/Isle of Man limits self-directed transfers to..wait for it...the giant sum of... 100 GBP
OK I will check out Barclay's. Thanks for the link too!

First time i hear such limit, have you asked why you can transfer less than $2k -$4k monthly?
I was trying to send money to Turkey by int'l SWIFT.
This was their response:

"My apologies, as I did miss that this was going to Turkey. Due to compliance reasons, we've had to temporarily limit how much you are able to send to Turkey in EUR and USD. The limit you are seeing is a yearly maximum. "

I ended up using my own bank which did not impose limits. I didn't follow-up to see whether the temporary limits were removed or why they were put there in the first place.

Turkey is on the list of allowable countries and for int'l SWIFT the limit is supposed to 1M USD according to Wise help page.

I don't know if I'll make it to Switzerland so I will write to CIM and see how much control personal account holders have over moving money around internationally. I applied to get a Dukascopy account but I heard there were issues with debit cards and the account limit was 50K. I have a Tangerine acct and it is fine for transfers in Canada but not internationally.
It is mostly the ability to move USD around that is important to me.
I have a Wise account but they limit my USD transfer to 20 or 40K (I forgot) PER YEAR which is not enough.

Santander in Jersey/Isle of Man limits self-directed transfers to..wait for it...the giant sum of... 100 GBP
OK I will check out Barclay's. Thanks for the link too!
Barclays IOM used to be decent and they also randomly gave away free money. That was a few years ago though, I suppose by now they have fixed that little bug in their accounting system rof/%

• Haha
Reactions: Rzeznik
Have they increased the minimum relationship balance? I am quite sure it was £25,000 or €50,000 before, now it is £100,000.

Well spotted on Barclays. It use to be £25,000. It is now £100,000. Must have changed very recently.

Reactions: BlueMist