Our valued sponsor

Appeal of Singapore

Singapore is separated from China unlike Hong Kong. Wealthy individuals that I know with cash assets €100M+ distribute their wealth between Switzerland and Singapore.
That makes perfect sense. If China ever threatens Singapore, they can move their funds very quickly to Switzerland. That is exactly what I meant about having a backup plan for your money.

Singapore is less than 600 km from the southern end of the South China that China claims as its own. China has two aircraft carriers and a third under construction. Vassal state status for much of SEA is the most likely long-term outcome.

Attachments

• South_China_Sea.jpg
    South_China_Sea.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 55
It is how one places certain assets. For example when you are with a private bank they can book your assets (split your assets) over different jurisdictions but yet provide a single point of contact. You can for example ask them to put your stocks in a Singapore trust managed out of Singapore while you place your bonds in Switzerland and your cash in a Jersey Foundation etc.
this is the plan I'm looking for, can we talk?

Singapore was a great place but it's not for everyone. Covid has ruined the economy and the borders are locked. The PM is retiring and China is expanding it's influence so the future is highly uncertain. Neighboring countries have implemented plans to revive their economies though foreign investment/residency schemes but Singapore still has their old 1.8 million USD residence by investment scheme. I don't think there are going to be any takers.

Latest Threads