Our valued sponsor

Are German cars unreliable?

I had 2 (W222) of them, 1st one was fine, then updated to LCI so my routine was like this. 2 months driving, 2 weeks in dealership. W223 is even worse, inside cheap plastics, leather is cracking even seat stitching is not right on Maybach edition. Porsche car are good till 2017.. Try BMW they are still fine

They are because they are made at a price point...lol. You want luxury get Toyota's luxury brand Lexus.
Lexus cars are nicer looking and better built than Toyotas - but I just can't think of them as luxury cars for some reason.

Anyways, if you're concerned about reliability - you're in the right place. Lexus is the way to go.
They require less maintenance than most German, Italian or British cars - so they are the way to go.

All other cars mentioned here are gamble. Some may be good - and some may have issues.
Lexus is a safe bet.

Also, depending on where you live you might consider Volvo.

BTW:
Love the list where Dacia is more reliable than BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Porsche :D

Nah, they are considered one of the most reliable cars and also have the longest life span. Even several years old german cars evg, are still standing straight.

Which current Mercedes models are considered most reliable?

Depending on which Mercedes model you choose you cannot even consider them German cars as Mercedes makes cars in over 20 countries. For example in Alabama in US Mercedes makes Mercedes SUVs such as GLE, GLS, and GLE Coupe. And if those models are unreliable well we know why ;)

Best to check where you Mercedes model is made before buying it just like Tesla's..lol.

Whole auto industry seems to be bad these days, uglier cars, engines sound like vacuum cleaner, big displays and lights like in a night club, plastic or cheap materials.. But still S class is premium or Porsche, A8, BMW 7, I think you cant go wrong with new S. I personally prefer previous S version, and SUVs and I would take new Cayenne anytime. Had older model never any problem with it. Now driving A6 on Bosnian roads its not some top lux car but I swear 4 years cca 80.000 Km didn’t replace any part except regular yearly services and disc brakes.. But again, its individual I think someone I hear complain on transmission problems others on something else, I personally didn’t have yet any major problems. I think German cars are reliable..

For sure it's not one of the most reliable 2023 What Car? Reliability Survey: Britain's most and least reliable cars

You are not buying Mercedes for reliability, if you want that, go with Honda or Toyota.

oAiJxL.jpg

Is Range Rover at the bottom of this list?

This ranking must be old, I don't see Subaru.

@Martin Everson Did you check 2024 Huawei Avatr 12?

No. First time I am hearing about that car and had to look it up eek¤%&. Interesting.