Are you running USA LLC from Thailand ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • other setup than USA LLC

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Collect it alongside all the other heaps of paperwork they collect lol.

I understand they report CRS regardless, to your home country, regardless of address (residence) on account, and I also don't believe i've ever had to provide a residence certificate for a bank account (and that's from a decade+ ago, and to recent ones the Government organised to be opened.

My only concern about my nation (citizenship) getting information, is that at some point they will need to tax overseas non-residents to continue their populistic political agenda which has debased the currency to the last bastion of viable support within the populace.
Your home country will likely not receive the CRS information if the bank reports to a different country where you are a resident.

I have also been considering USA LLC + Thailand.

I work as a freelance software developer for a few European clients.

I got a long term Thai girlfriend and we have been considering marriage already. If we got married i can get residency + work permit. It also gives me a 3-year path toward citizenship. I just need to earn a minimum of 40k thb per month salary from a Thai company. My girlfriend's father has a Thai company, so if I get employed there doing basically nothing I can just give him the equivalent in cash.

I'm a little concerned if it increases my risk to have a work permit and get a Thai salary as I will be in their tax system. In reality, it probably doesn't change much. Being here and talking to people it seems like hardly anyone who works remotely pays any tax both Thais or foreigners.

If it all works out it seems almost too good to be true. Living in my favorite country, no tax, citizenship in 3-4 years.

Reactions: troubled soul

I got a long term Thai girlfriend and we have been considering marriage already. If we got married i can get residency + work permit. It also gives me a 3-year path toward citizenship. I just need to earn a minimum of 40k thb per month salary from a Thai company. My girlfriend's father has a Thai company, so if I get employed there doing basically nothing I can just give him the equivalent in cash.

I'm a little concerned if it increases my risk to have a work permit and get a Thai salary as I will be in their tax system. In reality, it probably doesn't change much. Being here and talking to people it seems like hardly anyone who works remotely pays any tax both Thais or foreigners.

If it all works out it seems almost too good to be true. Living in my favorite country, no tax, citizenship in 3-4 years.

The path is towards permanent residency, not citizenship.

It really makes no sense for you to waste money by being employed by your father-in-law's company when you can simply have the marriage visa, which allows you to stay indefinitely in Thailand, as long as you stay married.

Also, if you're married and you really want a work permit, you can create a company with your wife and hire yourself after hiring 2 Thai employees. One of these employees can be your wife, hence in reality you only need to hire one Thai employee.

If you stay over 183 days in Thailand, you’re a tax resident of Thailand and taxed on your worldwide income. The only way it works is if you’re a passive investor in your company. Then, and only then, is it foreign sourced income. It makes no difference where your company is based. The place of management is Thailand so you have PE in Thailand. So it’s now Thai sourced income. If you’re comfortable with tax evasion, you’ll be fine

barely anyone gets citizenship in Thailand lol

If you stay over 183 days in Thailand, you’re a tax resident of Thailand and taxed on your worldwide income. The only way it works is if you’re a passive investor in your company. Then, and only then, is it foreign sourced income. It makes no difference where your company is based. The place of management is Thailand so you have PE in Thailand. So it’s now Thai sourced income. If you’re comfortable with tax evasion, you’ll be fine
This isn't set in stone, currently...

As it stands as long as the funds are not remitted back to Thailand those funds (personal) are tax free...

As for the company, this is an open question on whether Thailand will be taxing the overseas company in Thailand because the Director resides in Thailand (say it has low substance outside of Thailand).