Our valued sponsor

As an EU citizen which site of Swissquote I should use, .com, ch or lu?

PinkCat

Member Plus
Dec 20, 2022
EU
Visit site
They ask me to choose one of the 3 and I have no idea which one I should use for personal account as an EU citizen?
Also when trying to log-in to finish my application it gives me an error for the last 2 days.

You can choose any of these from EU but they come with different offerings/products and different fees:
.ch is regulated in Switzerland and you can choose between Trading account (for shares/ETFs/Futures/Options/Crypto) and Forex account (Forex and CFDs on large cap shares/commodities/indices). Swiss forex account offers higher leverage than eu account
.lu is regulated in Luxembourg and has the same products as .ch but there's no stamp duty on shares, so commissions are lower for trading stocks
.eu is regulated in Cyprus and offers only Forex/CFDs

well Switzerland still provides tax info to the EU country you are citizen of right?
No, as TheCryptoAnt wrote above, to the country of tax residence.

There are a several reasons why you should pick the Swiss entity in this case, for example MiFID II and European Enforcement Order directives do not apply to Switzerland. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to get a credit card via Swissquote LU?

If I go to the swissquote website, the .ch seems to offer credit cards. When I use the app, it is .Lu the one offering them. Anyone knows which is the good one for this purpose?
The app is for LU and CH bank, if you have both accounts you need two phones to access the account. Really bad. Use better only the website.

Is it possible to add to SQ account some crypto from cold wallet directly, convert them to EUR for example, and buy some ETFs, Stocks. And hold them in SQ - just withdraw dividends every month to my bank account in other country?

Latest Threads