Avoiding being taxed by my home country if I emigrate and immigrate back after a few years

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more


Philippines also has a retirement visa for people aged between 35 and 50, but I am not sure if it's still active or as desirable.
Sorry to disappoint: This option has been destroyed by our Chinese friends who misused the SRRV-visa for employment in the "offshore"-casino industry.
So, the Philippines suspended the entire SRRV-program (Special Resident Retirees Visa) for about 18 months and now it is only open to people who are at least 50 years old.

If somebody has entrepreneurial spirit he/she can look into the SIRV-program (Special Investors Resident Visa). One has to invest USD 75'000.- into the local Philippine economy which in turn qualifies to apply for this visa. Minimum age for the SIRV is 21 years.


New member
It's not quite so black and white. Even though there are the supreme court have rulings regarding sporadic absences, it's still very much a grey area.

I am currently discussing things with a relocation lawyer and he has instructed to be clear you need more than to be just out of the country for 183 days to avoid problems. Spain has interesting rules regarding a "stateless person" or "apatrida fiscal", meaning if you travel the world perpetually for the next 10 years, you could still end up with problems with the hacienda.

In general the advice is, the best thing you can do is go and get yourself a tax residency somewhere else that has a double taxation agreement with Spain (ie. somewhere that's not considered by Spain to be a tax haven), and to be able to provide all the substance required (rental apartment, local expenses, tax certificate etc). Two locations he mentioned that could work were cyprus and dubai.

Gotta love number 11. Old and Bearded. Funny translation of Antigua and Barbuda.
Hey! Is he a relocation lawyer from Spain? Could you perhaps give me a referral by PM? Many thanks