Our valued sponsor

Bankera weird account verification

Hey,

I spoke with them regarding your case. As far as I understood, there was a problem with your biography (criminal background). I will look into it tomorrow and give you more details after that.
Lol. Why they didn’t tell me? I could have sent them my criminal background certificate, which is more reliable than a Google search.
Funny to see that they don’t disclose the reason for rejection to the applicant but they do to a third party.

Lol. Why they didn’t tell me? I could have sent them my criminal background certificate, which is more reliable than a Google search.
Funny to see that they don’t disclose the reason for rejection to the applicant but they do to a third party.

Well, they haven't disclosed much info. They gave me an indication, so that's what I am going to research tomorrow. But I am pretty sure you had some troubles with regulators or similar?

Reactions: wellington
Well, they haven't disclosed much info. They gave me an indication, so that's what I am going to research tomorrow. But I am pretty sure you had some troubles with regulators or similar?
No troubles at all, at the contrary I even have a letter from the regulator that confirms that I have no issues.
Btw, if Bankera could read English and had the patience to read all the papers they found, they would have understood that I have no troubles. For €450 they should have done this. Or at least asked me some clarifications.

Is it normal that a bank/EMI “gives an indication” to a third party but not to the applicant who asked for it? Gediminas I appreciate your assistance, and I thank you for it, but you are not my lawyer and this shows that Bankera has little respect for privacy and for its customers.

Last edited:
Is it normal that a bank/EMI “gives an indication” to a third party but not to the applicant who asked for it? Gediminas I appreciate your assistance, and I thank you for it, but you are not my lawyer and this shows that Bankera has little respect for privacy and for its customers.

This would not be normal if they gave any info to random person. Since you messaged me privately and provided to me your company info, they presumed I am assisting you, otherwise how would I know your application details?

By law, they can not disclose rejection reasons to applicants for various reasons, one of them is not to give any clues to bad actors.

This would not be normal if they gave any info to random person. Since you messaged me privately and provided to me your company info, they presumed I am assisting you, otherwise how would I know your application details?

By law, they can not disclose rejection reasons to applicants for various reasons, one of them is not to give any clues to bad actors.
Usual nonsense: a bank should be suspicious when it doesn’t find anything on the web about a client. Unless you work at the post office and don’t run a business (in which case you will not need a Bankera account), it is obvious that there are public information and these should be discussed with the client instead of being misinterpreted.
I am sure that Bankera will gladly open account to non-existent persons with fake documents or random nominees found on the street just because they cannot find any information on Google about them.
Serious banks/EMIs (that don’t ask an account opening fee) always ask for clarifications to the client when they find something that might be of obstacle to the account opening.

I think this is not bankera's or any other EMI's fault.
The regulation prevents them from telling you why they rejected you.
It seems, according to you, that they got incorrect information from a 3rd party that checks for criminal background.
This is a problematic situation and the fault is with both the 3rd party which provided incorrect info (which is more common than it should be) and the regulator which forces EMIs to use such 3rd parties but doesn't account for the fact that those 3rd party sometimes do a lousy job.
It can happen sometimes with people which have the same name as some unrelated blacklisted person - they get rejected all the time without a reason.

I think this is not bankera's or any other EMI's fault.
The regulation prevents them from telling you why they rejected you.
It seems, according to you, that they got incorrect information from a 3rd party that checks for criminal background.
This is a problematic situation and the fault is with both the 3rd party which provided incorrect info (which is more common than it should be) and the regulator which forces EMIs to use such 3rd parties but doesn't account for the fact that those 3rd party sometimes do a lousy job.
It can happen sometimes with people which have the same name as some unrelated blacklisted person - they get rejected all the time without a reason.
Several banks and EMIs asked me for clarifications, and they were satisfied. It is not true that the regulation prevents them from asking questions. Regulations say that they must conduct a full DD/KYC procedure.
Bankera did not check any criminal background, just did a quick Google search.
Whoever finds this result and actually reads the entire documentation can understand that there was no wrongdoing whatsoever, neither of criminal nor of administrative nature. Which I can further prove with an official letter from the regulator and with state issued criminal background certificates.

Remember that a criminal background check can only be performed by the subject or LE, not by third parties. So all those 3rd parties that supposedly conduct “background checks” are simply paid to use Google or, at best, WorldCheck and similar services, which, in their turn, just use Google.
You can read plenty of horror stories about WorldCheck, but still banks use them just because it’s enough for ticking a box and avoid responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads