Our valued sponsor

Banking as non resident - When things go south

liroyb

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
While jurisdictions such Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Singapore are being sought after and mentioned over and over on this forum due to their reputation as safe countries to store wealth, I wonder if do you really get from the banks in these countries the same safety and same rights as a resident/citizen would?
What can you practically do as non resident/citizen in a country where your bank account has been frozen from whatever reason? Would you really have the same means and rights to deal with it as any other resident client?

Money talks, bulls**t walks. Pretty easy game. If you have much money you can fight your rights, if you have less you better move on and forget about it, write it off.

Your questions makes only sense if you elaborate on what exactly it is you are asking about and for what reason?

While jurisdictions such Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Singapore are being sought after and mentioned over and over on this forum due to their reputation as safe countries to store wealth, I wonder if do you really get from the banks in these countries the same safety and same rights as a resident/citizen would?
Can't comment for Luxembourg and Singapore as for the absence of personal insight but for CH and LI my answer is yes.
What can you practically do as non resident/citizen in a country where your bank account has been frozen from whatever reason?
CH, LI: The same as the locals can.
Would you really have the same means and rights to deal with it as any other resident client?
CH, LI: yes.

Bottom line: If you study the Credit Suisse case, you will probably learn that, unfortunately, something has changed in CH :(. But equally for all.

Reactions: uplana and jafo
A very astute, resourceful, and devious lawyer from H3LL (LfH) can help you here, provided you know the tricks yourself and can guide him. You'll need about $50K for a large retainer. You also need to have a LfH who already knows these tactics, so he won't eat up your retainer by "learning or studying" the case. ;)

Would you really have the same means and rights to deal with it as any other resident client?
OP - I assume you are writing an assignment or something and expect everyone to just respond in long novels here??

• Haha
Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads