Our valued sponsor

Banking for a newly formed Cayman entity

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this is a common topic here but here I go.

I have a newly formed Cayman company that I plan to use to manage financial assets (tradfi and crypto). I am not a Cayman resident or have an otherwise Cayman connection so the local banks there won't open accounts for the company.

What are good banking options beyond the local banks where I am based?

I know a few crypto friendly (private) banks that will onboard the company (albeit for a min deposit of > 1m USD), in Switzerland, US or more exotic locations. I also know Caye International in Belize will open an account but I see them as more of a last resort option. I'm also open to banks that are not crypto friendly as I can easily separate that activity from the rest. I'm looking for banks that are relatively safe and enjoy a good reputation, preferably not located in the US or EU (too much regulation/administrative risk there).

Any suggestions well-appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi,
What size volumes do plan to transact monthly?
What is the reason for opening for crypto friendly account - is it to convert fiat to crypto, invest & trade the crypto, convert crypto to fiat?
Indeed US and EU have lots of banking regulation, but you wont get a crypto bank elsewhere. Your best bet is to work through a fintech with OTC desk for $1m USD.