Our valued sponsor

Banking in Mauritius?

mnschwarz

Offshore Agent
Pro Member
Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with offshore banks in Mauritius? I've been waiting to open an account with Afrasia for a while now but my introducer keeps saying they aren't accepting new applications currently and don't know when they will be. I'm thinking of trying out ABC banking corporation there instead. They seem ok. No minimum balance and pretty low fees. No visit required. Multiple currencies etc. Would love to hear from anyone who knows more about either bank. Cheers!

ABC is no longer a corporate option for me. Just been informed they aren't accepting applications with a Foundation as the shareholder. Afrasia I was told have started accepting applications again but only from local Mauritian based introducers. I have been given quotes of $1175 and $1000 for this so far.

I am very surprised whenever anyone mentions Mauritius that very few mention Mauritius Commercial Bank (MCB). It is one of the best banks out there, has a long history, and has reliable internet web access as well as a smartphone app. Their support is excellent (despite significant timezone differences) and account opening was a breeze compared to other banks. They may require an introducer now, but you can always contact them to inquire about opening an account, which can be done remotely, at least it could a few years back.

I am very surprised whenever anyone mentions Mauritius that very few mention Mauritius Commercial Bank (MCB). It is one of the best banks out there, has a long history, and has reliable internet web access as well as a smartphone app. Their support is excellent (despite significant timezone differences) and account opening was a breeze compared to other banks. They may require an introducer now, but you can always contact them to inquire about opening an account, which can be done remotely, at least it could a few years back.
thank you very useful information I will have to contact them any time soon.

This is a very bad bank. They never respond to e-mails and now have outrageous requirements on deposits and withdraws. We are a small consulting company and are looking to change bank. Any advise is appreciated.

INWARD

• Supporting documents ie invoices/contracts/agreements / Board Resolutions to support the transaction
  • Bill of Ladings are required for all Trading accounts.
  • Incoming amounts should be as per the business plan with regards to name of remitter and incoming volumes specified
  • Latest Audited financial statements / financial summary / profit & loss or balance sheet – duly certified by a practicing account
  • SKYPE call would be done with the UBO for the initial funding (if no SKYPE was done at time of account opening)
  • SKYPE call will be done for at least 1 incoming remittance (if no SKYPE call has been done with the UBO previously)
  • For any consultancy activities , we would require a copy of the consultancy agreement+ breakdown + feasibility report
  • Updated business plan if exceed expected amount
  • If the amount of transaction exceeds the forecasted amount on the business plan , we will request an Updated business plan

OUTWARD

• Supporting documents ie invoices/contracts/agreements / Board Resolutions to support the transaction
  • Outgoing amounts should be as per the business plan with regards to name of beneficiary and outgoing volumes specified
  • Latest Audited financial statements / financial summary / profit & loss or balance sheet – duly certified by a practicing account
  • For amounts over USD 50,000 ,SKYPE call will be done with the authorised call back person for the call back verification . If there has been a recent SKYPE call , then normal telephone call back verification will be done
  • For any consultancy activities , we would require a copy of the consultancy agreement+ breakdown + feasibility report
  • If the amount of transaction exceeds the forecasted amount on the business plan , we will request an Updated business plan

This is a very bad bank. They never respond to e-mails and now have outrageous requirements on deposits and withdraws. We are a small consulting company and are looking to change bank. Any advise is appreciated.

INWARD

• Incoming amounts should be as per the business plan with regards to name of remitter and incoming volumes specified
  • SKYPE call would be done with the UBO for the initial funding (if no SKYPE was done at time of account opening)
  • SKYPE call will be done for at least 1 incoming remittance (if no SKYPE call has been done with the UBO previously)

OUTWARD

• Outgoing amounts should be as per the business plan with regards to name of beneficiary and outgoing volumes specified
  • For amounts over USD 50,000 ,SKYPE call will be done with the authorised call back person for the call back verification . If there has been a recent SKYPE call , then normal telephone call back verification will be done
Would you like to inform us of which of the 3 banks mentioned on this thread you are talking about that is bad?

Latest Threads