Our valued sponsor

Banking with caribbean citizenship

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
What banks/emi do not immediately take investment citizenship as red flag?
Those who don't, do they still ask for "real" passport too? For example, the one from the birth country (which is mentioned in the investment passport)
I know that investment brokers generally do not care and open accounts with those passports without too much problem, but i can imagine regular banks wouldn't be too happy about them.

It' s really only a problem if your place of birth is in the USA, then banks ask for proof that you are not a USA citizen.
Also, most investment passport holders are not actually resident in their country of citizenship, so of course you cannot claim that unless you can really back it up. Banks will therefore ask where you are resident.
More and more banks ask you to list ALL your citizenships on account opening forms. But it is not because they care about investment citizenship, they just have to cover themselves for CRS reporting and KYC.
Other than that, I don't think banks care much. I have a Caribbean passport myself that I always use and never had a problem.
The takeaway from this is that unless you are American, they are more concerned about RESIDENCE than citizenship.

Reactions: daxbr and CaptK

Latest Threads