Our valued sponsor

Bankrupt in Australia...can he be a director of a Hong Kong company?

tuppinski

Offshore Agent
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone :hello:

I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I'm asking something a bit out of left field.

My partner is planning on flying to Hong Kong in the next few weeks to start a company there. He has landed a nice contract here in Australia that he would like to go through a company.

He is filing for bankruptcy in the next 6-8 weeks in Australia.

My questions are:

Can he be a bankrupt in Australia and still be the director of a Hong Kong company? He won't be bankrupt when he sets it up, but he will be filing shortly after. Does this make any difference?

How long would you allow in Hong Kong to set the company up? He's planning on staying for two nights, and using a company there for the local address required etc.

Thank you all so much for reading and hopefully responding to this post.

I know there are many benefits to offshore companies but I personally would rather he didn't do it right now as it gets very messy with bankruptcy.

Oh and to those who assume he's setting this up to be misleading in any way, he plans on telling the bankruptcy people everything and not withhold any info :D He will be working on a global scale so a Hong Kong company suits his needs.

Latest Threads