Our valued sponsor

Being Charged $1600 to close a BVI Offshore

andyjun

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I used Fast offshore company registration | Just From US$439 in 30 Mins to setup a BVI Offshore Company. I am a Canadian citizen.

I don't need it anymore, the service provider is asking for $1600 to strike off the company.

The company has no assets or liabilities, I am not using it anymore. From what I read online, its possible to just not pay a renewal fee and it strikes itself off after 7 years.

I really don't want to pay another $1600 to close this down, do I have any other options?

• Sad
Reactions: JohnLocke
If I were you I would run the risk and fail to pay and just ignore any more requests or demands from this company. They close your BVI company after some time and it doesn't cost you a penny. It's the pure Ripp-Off if you just want to get rid of the company as soon as possible and don't care about the rest.

It make no sense for them to go after you legally, costs are too high to file a lawsuit or get you convicted of having to pay that money. I have not experienced this happening in my almost 25 years I have been working on this. At least not with substance-less companies.

But sure, don't take my word for it alone.

It make no sense for them to go after you legally, costs are too high to file a lawsuit or get you convicted of having to pay that money. I have not experienced this happening in my almost 25 years I have been working on this. At least not with substance-less companies.

But sure, don't take my word for it alone.
All good, other friends are suggesting the same. Just ignore them, let it shut down by itself.

Thanks!

Reactions: JohnLocke
If you want to be sure- contact other local lawyers and ask them for their opinion, some local people may be willing to give you answers for free (happened to a friend in another jurisdiction that was also faced with a large bill for closing a company).

Hi,

I used Fast offshore company registration | Just From US$439 in 30 Mins to setup a BVI Offshore Company. I am a Canadian citizen.

I don't need it anymore, the service provider is asking for $1600 to strike off the company.

The company has no assets or liabilities, I am not using it anymore. From what I read online, its possible to just not pay a renewal fee and it strikes itself off after 7 years.

I really don't want to pay another $1600 to close this down, do I have any other options?
Thank you for notifying us of them, what a horrible company to do this, almost seems like a scam.