Our valued sponsor

Best 1st world countries with low to zero income tax?

There are only a handful of countries that don't care like Panama for example so his requirements should be really filtered by which countries don't care about people creating a PE in their country.

Based on his requirements, San Marino is the best option.

K19XkD.jpg

https://orbitax.com/news/archive.php/San-Marino-Budget-Law-for-2021-45110

Are you saying that the republic of San Marino doesn't care if one of its tax-resident has an offshore company?
No CFC rules?
Just pay 7% on the profits (capped at 100k)?

Reactions: Sigma and jafo
Go to Thailand, keep your money outside the country, and if you have a company, hire a director to manage it.

pay low rent
0% tax
awesome climate
I am not sure about hot girls, but is it possible to find some
safe
Asia
possible to get tax residency, I know some Canadians living in Thailand and enjoying it.

Lol you guys wrote 5 pages, but the solution was so simple.

Explain how San Marino is better than Caribbean islands. Unless you live in the ‘60s and enjoy going down to Riccione.
You do business in Europe and live tax efficient in continental Europe, not some island 15hours flights
It's not about 0% tax always. There are many islands you can have 0% tax, but most of them are far away shitholes with nothing to do there
Andorra , San Marino still better than Caribbean. Caribbean might be good if you do business in US

Last edited:
You do business in Europe and live tax efficient in continental Europe, not some island 15hours flights
It's not about 0% tax always. There are many islands you can have 0% tax, but most of them are far away shitholes with nothing to do there
San Marino is the definition of poo¤%&&hole smi(&%
What to do in San Marino according to the pro loco: Cosa vedere a San Marino

Obviously this only applies to new tax residents but yeah, that's what the law says.

Nope Controlled Foreign Company (CFC) Rules
Thanks for that!

So it seems that setting up a company in 0% tax place like BVI and tax residency in San Marino might bring personal tax below 10%.

Checking the link you provided to OECD, I see that also countries often mentioned on this forum don't have CFC rules, like Switzerland and UAE, whereas Cyprus is not mentioned at all. Seems strange as many people on here say it differently.

Reactions: jafo
how did it go?
I liked KL during my month there. I have compared Dubai, Bangkok, and KL by spending a month each in the 3 cities and KL is at top of my list followed by Dubai.

Year-round weather wise, KL lists on the top. Dubai winters are great, but about 5-6 months of scorching summer almost necessitates a need for a 2nd home base, which could get tiring. The lack of nature in Dubai was an issue because I love the outdoors/hiking etc. All 3 are major metros offering great shopping, dining, entertainment, etc. Bangkok was just too crowded and the real estate was twice as expensive as KL.

I am still trying to understand the tax implications though. Most people seem to get away with non-remitted income not being taxed. Malaysian govt systems are generally not top-class, and they seem to lack the resources to go after the expats' foreign income. But I think with CRS one might want to plan their affairs better. I would love to hear others' opinions on Malaysia taxation for expats with foreign income (remitted or otherwise).

Malaysia may work for you.

Kuala Lumpur is very developed and you can find great accommodation at relatively low prices (way cheaper than Dubai).
How can one use Malaysia to optimize taxes? Is forming a Labuan company advisable?

I liked KL during my month there. I have compared Dubai, Bangkok, and KL by spending a month each in the 3 cities and KL is at top of my list followed by Dubai.

Year-round weather wise, KL lists on the top. Dubai winters are great, but about 5-6 months of scorching summer almost necessitates a need for a 2nd home base, which could get tiring. The lack of nature in Dubai was an issue because I love the outdoors/hiking etc. All 3 are major metros offering great shopping, dining, entertainment, etc. Bangkok was just too crowded and the real estate was twice as expensive as KL.

I am still trying to understand the tax implications though. Most people seem to get away with non-remitted income not being taxed. Malaysian govt systems are generally not top-class, and they seem to lack the resources to go after the expats' foreign income. But I think with CRS one might want to plan their affairs better. I would love to hear others' opinions on Malaysia taxation for expats with foreign income (remitted or otherwise).

How can one use Malaysia to optimize taxes? Is forming a Labuan company advisable?
I've been to KL, and the traffic is crazy (it took me 3 hours to get to the hotel in KLCC from the airport). It's so humid, it's disgustingly humid the whole year. Bangkok beats KL in every way, expect real estate prices.

Why? Bangkok is insanely humid and hot too all year around, and traffic is equally insane...
It's not humid lol. It's humid only in summer.
Traffic is manageable; it's mainly in Sukhumvit Lane (city center). There are highways, too, and you can use a bts or a bike taxi. Live in the city center, and you won't have to deal with traffic. Everything is within walking distance.

I know you can do the same in KL, but KL is humid the whole year around. I was waiting for a taxi to the Pavilion Mall for 30 minutes. Once he arrived, I was swearing at KL city.

in KL, the traffic is way worse.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 15.48.39.png

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 15.48.52.png

I've been to KL, and the traffic is crazy (it took me 3 hours to get to the hotel in KLCC from the airport). It's so humid, it's disgustingly humid the whole year. Bangkok beats KL in every way, expect real estate prices.
To each his own my friend. In my opinion, Bangkok over KL only if Adult Entertainment is important to you. It's not for me, so I was done with Bangkok in about a week.

Thailand for now at least has a clear 0% tax on non-remitted income. That's my biggest argument against Malaysia currently. I hope someone knowledgeable and experienced shares some info on Malaysia taxation.

KL sucks a lot, I don't really understand people moving there. It's a humid zoo with shopping malls and endless traffic.

There is a high chance that your friends will visit you in Bangkok, and the chance is close to zero that they will be in KL.