Our valued sponsor

Best bank in switzerland for personal use

Check crownforex.info, the liquidation ended in 2013.
Is anything better today with the banking licenses? I don’t think so.

Yes the regulation is totally different now. Switzerland had a problem in past with regulation covering Forex companies it was wild west. It decided ages ago all Forex companies needed to obtain banking licenses in order to come under same regulation as banks which is much more stricter.

P.S Liquidation takes many years. It is not an overnight job.

I don't know. But if someone reading this thread, and has the time and the little amount it costs to take a flight to Switzerland and speak with a few people around there, I'm sure they will find what they are looking for.

The world is not black and white! If you really want to find a solution for your problem, you will find it by keep searching.
Mwah… even residents are denied accounts of you trigger flags.

I am not going to say it’s impossible yet at the same time I would say; try somewhere else. Switzerland is history if you are not bringing at least 6 digits.

I know that some banks do open with upper 5 digits at the same time they then will ask the question when you hit 6.

Private banks are your best option unfortunately. Retail banks are mostly not facilitating anymore.

Can somebody recommend me currently a bank in switzerland for personal use ?

Goal is to have a swiss bank account i can use to connect with my personal broker accounts and use their cc and not be afraid getting closed in a bank crisis.

Also initial deposit should not be high as i perfer to have my money invested in assets and which are claimed on my and not the banks name.
Hi, I have opened an account with CIM banque and I am very happy, a little expensive to do the operations but very professional, multi-currency account opening minimum account 5,000.
Then I just opened an account with FlowBank in Geneva, I'll see how they behave.

I am not going to say it’s impossible yet at the same time I would say; try somewhere else. Switzerland is history if you are not bringing at least 6 digits.
You are right, yet it is possible. I have a Swiss bank account for some months. The steps I got it:
Incorporated my business there
found a nice house I rent
walked to the immigration told them I live there (I have the right to do so because I'm a EU citizen)
walked to the next street bank, got declined, moved on to the next and got accepted.

All took time, but over a period of 2 months it was all done.

Reactions: Forester
You are right, yet it is possible. I have a Swiss bank account for some months. The steps I got it:
walked to the immigration told them I live there (I have the right to do so because I'm a EU citizen)
walked to the next street bank, got declined, moved on to the next and got accepted.

I was also thinking about a solution to create residency there as a EU citizen for a short time by renting and get a personal account since banks ask for residency at the first place

Reactions: MiltonStone
Is this open to non resident ?
Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
How is the opening process ? Similar to Swissquote ?
It seems so.
From a quick look, it looks like Post Finance get electronised with a help of Swissquote ... :)

And that is working until the bank is doing its regular kyc checks. You don’t wanna know how many people and companies currently get their accounts closed.

I live in the country for almost 10 years now and it’s becoming ridiculous. Most banks rather not open an account for you.

So be happy for as long as it lasts. And understand that you are the exception.

I was also thinking about a solution to create residency there as a EU citizen for a short time by renting and get a personal account since banks ask for residency at the first place
They ask continuously… over here you still receive physical mail from banks.

That requires a permanent address. A permanent address comes with all sorts of other hurdles. You can’t do it easy anymore.

I think that currently the easiest option would be using a co living facility in one of the bigger cities. In villages you need to spend time at your apartment. If not the neighbors will rat you out.

Understand that this is still the country where you mow your lawn and annoy your neighbor that your neighbor will not come to you but call the police.