Our valued sponsor

Best country for a non-profit

Grex

Jun 20, 2021
Here
Visit site
I am looking for a country that is flexible in their regulations and interesting tax wise.

The non profit will have educational activities all over the world. The participants will pay for the activities. Any profit will be donated to the education of a handful related people (scholarships).

The country of choice requires:
- No VAT (for non profits)
- No/low other taxes (for non profits)
- Preferably: Participants should be able to pay for the activities and it would still be considered a non profit for tax.
- A lot of deduction options for volunteers: Plane tickets, hotels, food, activities, excursions. Also when paid in cash.
- The option to make education scholarships to a handful of people. (Preferably without dealing with taxes).
- Be somehow be able to open bank accounts etc.

What would be attractive countries for this?

Reactions: GameBoy
What would be attractive countries for this?

If the non-profit is not gonna carry out any business activity then consider a Dutch Foundation even without a ANBI status is an option for credibility. The VAT issue needs exploring a bit more as you don't charge VAT to those outside the EU anyway so its circumstances dependent.

As I am charging for the activities, this will be seen as business activity.
Also, I am not sure about the flexibility in deductions and scholarships. Seems to me that the Netherlands has pretty strict rules about this.

Latest Threads