Our valued sponsor

Best country in Europe to setup a watch trading company?

gatrader

Dec 5, 2021
dubai
Visit site
hello guy, what’s the best country in Europe to setup a company to sell luxury watches (via Chrono24) that is:

1. Not crazy expensive to maintain
2. VAT only on the margin (profit)
3. Low taxes (I live in a tax free country where this kind of jewelry is strictly regulated by license)

Thank you very much.

hello guy, what’s the best country in Europe to setup a company to sell luxury watches (via Chrono24) that is:

1. Not crazy expensive to maintain
2. VAT only on the margin (profit)
3. Low taxes (I live in a tax free country where this kind of jewelry is strictly regulated by license)

Thank you very much.
Hey,
Where will your clients be based and wherefrom will you be sourcing the goods?
Have you looked into Cyprus at all?

Clients will be based in Europe, sourcing from Europe. I didn’t look to Cyprus at all to be honest, I was thinking about Romania or similar (I live in a tax free country without CFTF rules).

What about Estonia?
I cannot really comment objectively about the other jurisdictions, but if you are interested I can DM you and discuss the Cyprus option. Please let me know.

Reactions: gatrader
VAT on profit margin? Is that really a thing when it comes to goods in the EU. I dont think so.
If you buy a used one (as it happens for 99% of the watches) from a private individual for 80k, he won’t charge you VAT. Let’s suppose you resell for 85k including vat…normally you should pay the VAT only on the 5k margin. If you pay the 22% (for example) on the 85k you’ll end up loosing money most of the times (margins on luxury watches are about 10/15%).

No one can help?

Is there VAT on margin in Cyprus and what are the manteinance costs?
If the goods will not be physically located in Cyprus, then there would be no VAT applicable. Depending on to which EU state the watches would be sold into, there might be an obligation to account and pay the VAT there. Different thresholds exist in each State which gives rise to the VAT obligation and each jurisdiction would need to be checked out individually and I would say also on its rules on VAT applicable on margin.
Costs for maintenance of a Cyprus co would really depend on the actual operation, volumes, vat requirements etc. but there is enough flexibility in structuring this cost efficiently for both small and large scale operation.

Latest Threads