Our valued sponsor

Best country to incorporate for easy access to good credit cards for airmiles?

casey

Feb 7, 2023
Europe
Visit site
Which countries can you incorporate and quickly get access to decent credit cards that have good airline miles programs?

I spend lots running paid ads on facebook, google etc and want to be able to take advantage of decent credit card / charge card programs to rack up air-miles.

Does anyone have any recommendation for countries that:

1. Give you easy access to corporate credit cads without you needing to live in that country
2. Have good airline mile programs where you can amass points at decent rates.

Thanks!

Reactions: troubled soul
I think Mercury.com with a US LLC is the easiest. 1.5% cashback on all spend, but you need to maintain a $50K USD balance. Cyprus is very difficult to get a credit card, and even if you manage to get one, it wont be worthwhile due to low rewards. You can try Jeeves Corporate Credit Card too - I don't have any personal experience but the offer looks good.

I don't know any that are easy to get cards with miles if you're not living there.

It won't work like that.

Banks will not give you credit cards just because you incorporated a company.

You also need to use business credit cards which are less attractive than personal credit cards for your marketing expenses otherwise the bank will close your credit card or suspend your point earnings.

No but if you have a company, can show good income (clean) and you open a personal account, they give you a Visa or Mastercard credit card!
Yes but still pretty hard and not all banks are ok with this especially banks with good credit cards. To make it clear, if you have a $10K salary in a big company in Dubai, you can get better credit cards than a person who owns a company + $10M net worth. It is stupid but it works like that.

Banks will not give you credit cards just because you incorporated a company.
I'd put a decent amount of capital in the company

You also need to use business credit cards which are less attractive than personal credit cards

Is this across the board? I know in the US, Amex Gold corporate charge card gives businesses 4x airmile points on ad spend.

UAE has some decent options.
Do you need to live there to get access to them, or will they give you if you just incorporate there?

Curve doesn't support AED

Mines does.

I just Googled and it seems it changed on newer cards.

'Amendment: The update regarding non-UK/EEA Visa cards will apply to new users only. This is driven by Visa rules and at the moment, doesn’t impact existing customers with international Visa cards. Therefore, unless anything changes, you can continue to use, and add additional non-UK/EEA Visa cards, beyond April 2023.'

Do you need to live there to get access to them, or will they give you if you just incorporate there?

No need to live there but you have to pass by every now and then.

@Fred is the go to guy for UAE here at the forum

I'd put a decent amount of capital in the company
Capital doesn't matter in UAE. You even no need to put any capital to incorporate a company. You need to be at least small size company($2-3M turnover annually) with an office, employees and/or assets like real estate and one more thing the card will be tied to AED close to zero benefits.

Is this across the board? I know in the US, Amex Gold corporate charge card gives businesses 4x airmile points on ad spend.
No US bank will issue a credit card to a new/non-resident, asset-less company without a personal guarantee.

Mines does.

I just Googled and it seems it changed on newer cards.

'Amendment: The update regarding non-UK/EEA Visa cards will apply to new users only. This is driven by Visa rules and at the moment, doesn’t impact existing customers with international Visa cards. Therefore, unless anything changes, you can continue to use, and add additional non-UK/EEA Visa cards, beyond April 2023.'

No need to live there but you have to pass by every now and then.

@Fred is the go to guy for UAE here at the forum
Strange, it doesn’t appear on supported currencies https://help.curve.com/what-do-you-mean-by-'supported-currencies'-B1sOBd2Iu