Our valued sponsor

Question Best credit card to use full time in Cyprus

theviewer1985

Mar 27, 2023
UK
Visit site
Hey

So I am moving from the UK to Cyprus soon and want to know what credit card to use. The way I spend typically is to use my American Express Platinum card whenever possible. I like this card as it means I not only gain points for every £ spent, but it gives me Gold status at most hotels and gives me access to airport lounges.

Now I am assuming that using this credit card full-time in the Eurozone won't be savvy, as presumably there will be conversion costs etc since its a UK card. I could be wrong, but if I'm correct then does anyone know any good Euro Cards I can get?

Just one that gives as many rewards as poss (hotel status is a big one for me). Not bothered if it has a yearly fee :)

Cheers

Interchange fees within the EU are capped so banks don't make enough money from card transactions to offer any decent rewards. And Amex won't be accepted in most stores. Just get any credit card from Bank of Cyprus.

IMO, credit card loyalty in general is a distraction and a waste of time anyways.
Ahh okay :(

So are there any other ways over in mainland Europe to gain a good hotel status by default, along with other perks like airport lounge access etc?

I'd imagine if no credit cards are doing it, then perhaps health care or insurance might be?

It'd suck to lose my hotel status, which made travelling that little bit nicer!

Ahh okay :(

So are there any other ways over in mainland Europe to gain a good hotel status by default, along with other perks like airport lounge access etc?

I'd imagine if no credit cards are doing it, then perhaps health care or insurance might be?

It'd suck to lose my hotel status, which made travelling that little bit nicer!

If I were you I would just focus on my business to be able to get the tiers without the cards. It's a pointless distraction - especially in Cyprus.

Latest Threads