Our valued sponsor

Best EU-Asia Crossborder E-commerce Strategy

Reinassance

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I'm using an tax free UK LLP (and a Cyprus LTD) that buys physical goods from EU based companies and sell them using my e-commerce platform. Average order is 100-150 €. Volume is 2m €/year.
I would like to ask how should approach EU-Asia crossborder e-commerce in an efficient way.
I have choosen Japan as target market to start with. The plan is to extend sales to Korea and China (taobao) in the near future.

Do you think is better to ship every single order from EU warehouse and pay air shipping + custom charges everytime or
start a company in Japan, lease a warehouse 40km from Tokyo and ship most of the stock into the country, then sell it from there?

Could i have any advantage in using other Asian based tax/logistics jurisditions (HK, Labuan, Singapore) ?

Being a very lean company with thin margins, managing logistics and optimize tax is key for me to have a profitable business.

Thank you!!

I don't know if I can give you a useful advise because I don't know numbers related to your operating costs, nor your clients or your product(s) characteristics and I have never worked or operated Asian e-comm venture. But I know a person who is selling niche oil products made in EU to Japan. Because of the specifics of the Japanese market and logistic operations he found a local partner in Japan, and form a JV. I've heard that Japan is a tough market, and it require a partner to be successful, especially if you don't know Japanese language or don't have experience with direct marketing campaigns in Japan ... but again this might be the case for this specific product. In summary their products are shipped/delivered and stored in Japan and then sold from there. BTW any chance to see your e-comm platform ? And why did you decided to look for a warehouse in Tokyo/Tokyo prefecture?

Hi,
I'm using an tax free UK LLP (and a Cyprus LTD) that buys physical goods from EU based companies and sell them using my e-commerce platform. Average order is 100-150 €. Volume is 2m €/year.
I would like to ask how should approach EU-Asia crossborder e-commerce in an efficient way.
I have choosen Japan as target market to start with. The plan is to extend sales to Korea and China (taobao) in the near future.

Do you think is better to ship every single order from EU warehouse and pay air shipping + custom charges everytime or
start a company in Japan, lease a warehouse 40km from Tokyo and ship most of the stock into the country, then sell it from there?

Could i have any advantage in using other Asian based tax/logistics jurisditions (HK, Labuan, Singapore) ?

Being a very lean company with thin margins, managing logistics and optimize tax is key for me to have a profitable business.

Thank you!!

Hello, can I ask you who was your provider for the uk llp?

Thanks!

Did you speak with a law fim that may be able to help you with the nominee issue?

Latest Threads