Our valued sponsor

Best offshore company for UK Consultant?

clarence

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I currently run a UK consultancy, as well as a few internet based earners.

My main goal is to invest into stock whilst maintaining anonymity with my money.

I see a lot about Cayman Islands trusts and offshore banking, however after reading through threads here there appears to be other options.

I see Belize is mentioned here a lot, however is the following actually possible?

1. Is it possible to get paid from UK companies offshore (my customers), by skipping any UK company entity?
  2. Investing in stock from an offshore company, whilst maintaining anonyminity?
  3. Purchase UK property from an offshore trust?

Thank you

Reactions: JohnLocke
Welcome aboard :)

To get this setup you really require professional service. General speaking you can set this up in different ways, but, anonymous I don't believe it to be possible any longer the legal way. All governments around the globe put pressure on offshore jurisdictions for transparency.

Welcome aboard :)

To get this setup you really require professional service. General speaking you can set this up in different ways, but, anonymous I don't believe it to be possible any longer the legal way. All governments around the globe put pressure on offshore jurisdictions for transparency.

Appreciate the warm welcome!

I've got in touch with Turner Little so hopefully I can get some direction from them.

Shame to hear it's not possible, I like to keep things anonymous as possible ;)

Purchase UK property from an offshore trust?

I think this is not good idea. First this raises red flags more and more in most countries.
In Spain you pay for example 3 x more taxes for real estate wrapped in offshore company.
So nowadays most people buy on their private name or the name of a local company .

Did you think about that it could make more sense to pay the taxes on the income and the dividends what you received from your offshore structure IN ORDER to become reputable client of a local bank in UK. Than you could get real estate loans (around 60% of the house value at the moment) and you will be able to buy more and more real estate in your life with banks help and enough own income. Later they will borrow you maybe even 80-100%.

I don t know your situation but I just know to many persons who got rich because the local banks supported them all their life with cheap loans for more and more real estate. These taktik might be better and more legal than trying to hide a few 100k....

If you just want to invest than I would prefer stocks, crypto, real estate stocks,

I think this is not good idea. First this raises red flags more and more in most countries.
In Spain you pay for example 3 x more taxes for real estate wrapped in offshore company.
So nowadays most people buy on their private name or the name of a local company .

Did you think about that it could make more sense to pay the taxes on the income and the dividends what you received from your offshore structure IN ORDER to become reputable client of a local bank in UK. Than you could get real estate loans (around 60% of the house value at the moment) and you will be able to buy more and more real estate in your life with banks help and enough own income. Later they will borrow you maybe even 80-100%.

I don t know your situation but I just know to many persons who got rich because the local banks supported them all their life with cheap loans for more and more real estate. These taktik might be better and more legal than trying to hide a few 100k....

If you just want to invest than I would prefer stocks, crypto, real estate stocks,

Ah I see that makes sense. Reason for buying property is if I could keep all my assets (house I own) all in the same place, it may make things simpler.

As a general rule I prefer keeping money in stock as it's less time intensive vs tennants and rennovations.

Would it be possible to keep consultancy and stock earnings offshore and anonymous? Buying property isn't a dealbreaker for me

I think that trust structure is in general to expensive and to bureaucratic.
Maybe you have a family member or friend who lives abroad and could register (offshore) company in their name in order to establish an other "branch" of your business.
then you could give your partners some lucrative orders which they then settle directly. Later in a few months or years you all together invest the money in something new, maybe a new company where you are again a partner. Then you still have a little time to refine and perfect everything. But my suggestion would be an easy start that costs almost nothing. But you need a person of trust.

Latest Threads