Our valued sponsor

Best place to open a business to get a stripe account?

SeoWizzard123

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to get a stripe account to process the payments on my ecommerce store.

I was researching for the best place (tax wise) with not a great upfront cost in order to do that.

It's important to be done as fast as possible without breaking the bank.

I was thinking about Singapore ore Hong Kong but then I saw how expensive Hong Kong can be, especially for a start up.

Also is very important that the process is legal without having to take risks too.

Let me know what you think.

You may look for some other jurisdiction then. From this list Stripe: In your country you may see what they support now. Seems they have removed all possible offshore jurisdictions, so I would find some other payment processor like GlobalCollect, WireCard or even Instabill!
Stripe no longer accepts offshore jurisdictions. :(

It's important for me to be able to use stripe, I have a payment processor at this moment but I need stripe because of some integrations I want to have. Seems like Singapore is the best from that list. Also in case I can't manage to do anything about Stripe, Authorize.net is the next second best option. (I saw they have more countries supported like: Isle of Man, Cyprus and Gibraltar).

What do you think?

Gibraltar and Cyprus are two great alternatives actually! It's just more expensive compared to other offshore jurisdictions (unsupported by authorize.net) aprox 3 - 4,000 euro in setup costs depending on several factors.

That's correct for a resident company, a non resident company does not pay any tax. Honestly if you don't have 3 - 4k to spend on your business why at all go offshore?

It's not that I don't have the 3-4k, more like it's taking off and investing a lot back to keep up. Like I said, I am processing payments atm, but I need stripe or authorize.net because I want to implement something and for that I need one of those 2.

Thats why I am looking for the fastest way. (and most affordable too)