Our valued sponsor

Question Best place to store stablecoins

You are right but i am looking for a software alternative.
Then how "secure" do you want your money to be? I will suggest only using mobile wallets (more secure than desktop software) where you have your keys like Trust Wallet or Coinbase Wallet (there are Trojans targeting this wallet).

But if you only want a desktop wallet then I don't see the point of not using a custodial wallet, most of the people don't know how to properly secure their desktop wallets

Reactions: Back2Matters
Then how "secure" do you want your money to be? I will suggest only using mobile wallets (more secure than desktop software) where you have your keys like Trust Wallet or Coinbase Wallet (there are Trojans targeting this wallet).

But if you only want a desktop wallet then I don't see the point of not using a custodial wallet, most of the people don't know how to properly secure their desktop wallets
Agree

I will store the software wallet on a seperated encrypted Desktop. This one is used only for "Cryptobanking".

So no risk for trojans. Brain.exe helps. I dont use this seperated Desktop for anything else than storing crypto.

I could use a hardwarewallet for this too but then every thief who could enter my house would know that i own crypto.
Nobody would steal an old grey heavy Desktop.

I would still push you to get a hardware wallet (that is the best option next to a paper backup) . Your old laptop can and will stop working eventually @Plavivoz

The stablecoins that you want to store are ERC20 tokens, meaning: ETH blockchain. You should be looking for ETH software wallets.

+ Metamask is non-custodial, generates passwords and keys on your device. Backup your address and you are good to go.
+ Exodus is a desktop wallet that will also serve you, haven't try it though.

Reactions: Agrant
I am looking for a software wallet where only i have access to the private keys.
There are plenty of reliable software wallet. I like Edge (only mobile) and Guarda Wallet (desktop + mobile) because they are fully open source, so nothing should be hidden inside.

Exodus is non-custodial?
Right, non-custodial.

I could use a hardwarewallet for this too but then every thief who could enter my house would know that i own crypto.
Yes, if you leave it on the desk ;)

+ Metamask is non-custodial, generates passwords and keys on your device. Backup your address and you are good to go.
+ Exodus is a desktop wallet that will also serve you, haven't try it though.
On Metamask (and any other software wallet) is the seed phrase to be backed up, not the address.
Exodus is desktop + mobile, great UI especially for beginners.

Reactions: otcable
What do you think about this regarding Guarda:
bitc0intalk.org/index.php?topic=5049346.0
Interesting topic, thank you very much. So Guarda Wallet (and Changelly, ChangeNow, Atomic Wallet) is not a reliable option anymore for me after reading that. Moreover I found out Guarda Wallet is NOT fully open source, unfortunately I'm not able to edit the previous post in which I told it is.

Reactions: otcable

Latest Threads