Our valued sponsor

Best places to live for Offshore-Companies?

Holter

Offshore Agent
May 20, 2014
Visit site
Ive been looking for the best places in the world to live in when running an offshore-company but cant seem to find anything attractive.

Set up a company seems easy in comparance to finding a place to live.

Phillipines - Need to get married in order to live there permanent (I think), also high corruption and many difficulties in daily life

Monaco - Very expensive, might just as well pay taxes in another country due to the costs of living there

Bahamas - High criminality, for example; advised to have doors and windows locked during days, and the same while driving a car,

also read that you need at least 250,000 thousand invested in property before you can become a permanent citizen

Do anyone know a country that has low to zero corporation tax, and on dividens, thats not too expensive to live in,

not dangerous in a reasonable matter, and thats easy to actually moving to without having marry some chick, invest a huge

amount of cash etc.

How do everybody do it? All the offshore company owners must live somewhere. Or is it most of the time "illegal" setups to hide money

while the owners still live in their home-countries with the potencial risk of getting caught?

So much information on company setups and nowhere to find decent information on where you actually can live.

Contacted the government in the Seychelles because I thought that the most easy way with a Seychelles company would be to

live in the Seychelles. But thats not legal. I can have a company, but im not permitted to live there. Strange.

Well, what you can do for a period of 7 years is to move to the UK, have ALL your business in an offshore company, managed by nominees, this could for instant be the Seychelles, Belize, BVI etc. doing so and be a foreign person living in the UK will let you pay 0% tax in the UK and 0% corporate tax for a period of 7 years, after that you need to move away from the UK or speak with a local tax adviser.. That's what thousands of people are doing all time.

Reactions: megamath
Well' date=' what you can do for a period of 7 years is to move to the UK, have ALL your business in an offshore company, managed by nominees, this could for instant be the Seychelles, Belize, BVI etc. doing so and be a foreign person living in the UK will let you pay 0% tax in the UK and 0% corporate tax for a period of 7 years, after that you need to move away from the UK or speak with a local tax adviser.. That's what thousands of people are doing all time.[/quote']
Are you that this is a possible way to setup your live and business? IF so I would love to move to the UK and avoid to pay tax while laughing all the way to the bank. If anyone are actually doing this please be kind a post here.!

Yes that's possible, actually me and my 2 partners have been living in the UK since last year. We moved from Paraguay to the UK because of this and because our main business activities are in Europe. It has been working exactly as Admin said for us and we are actually happy to live here.

Yes that's possible' date=' actually me and my 2 partners have been living in the UK since last year. We moved from Paraguay to the UK because of this and because our main business activities are in Europe. It has been working exactly as Admin said for us and we are actually happy to live here.[/quote']
I agree so much with megamath. The UK is offering the best for expats challenging problems to avoid to pay tax!

Really, well 7 years is enough time to consider the UK as option. Is this sort of setup only possible for expats in the UK or how come that this isnt something

practiced by the complete population in the U.K?

Is this type of structure much more costly than a plain Seychelles company?

Maby this could be for me, that are buying products in Germany, and sell them to Sweden, by dropshipping..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an adress in Italy and in Spain, both are affordable for tax reductions since I will be using the double tax treaty between Cyprus and these two countries. In that way I have to pay corporate tax in Cyprus and not Italy nor Spain and I found a way to take out the money secretly ;) !

Yes that's possible' date=' actually me and my 2 partners have been living in the UK since last year. We moved from Paraguay to the UK because of this and because our main business activities are in Europe. It has been working exactly as Admin said for us and we are actually happy to live here.[/quote']
I have just been in contact with a tax consultant in the UK and was told that in order to take benefit from any offshore company, none of my company is allowed to be managed from the UK.

Nor is it possible to take out any money from the company as dividens, without the whole company being taxed as a regular UK Company. So I would have to have 7 years of savings to live on in the UK if I want to keep the offshore company status with 0% taxes.

UK seems more difficult than the other countries Ive looked at.

What have I missed? Are all offshore owners in the UK only there to live while other employees run the entire business? Even an e-mail or phone call to the offshore company outside of UK can fall under "managing" where upon the entire company falls under UK taxation laws.

Reactions: protain
Well, I think there is some confusion. Is it one of the big tax consultancy like installment loan or http://www.pwc.com/ or similar companies you have been in touch with or just one of the smaller ones? you get not tax if you are a foreign person in the UK and the offshore company is managed and controlled by say nominees in the offshore jurisdiction. You may be taxed from dividends or money you take out otherwise, but even this I question, since we have clients who do this for some years without paying a diam in tax in the UK legally.

Thanks for the answer.

I was in contact with an individual and not a bigger firm.

If I understand it correctly, you cant be active and run your business while living in the UK because you would then "manage" it and risk getting taxed.

So UK can be a good option if you want to for example retire, or similair circumstance where you as owner personally dont have to interfere?

Was hoping that the UK-setup could be an option for me that actually is running my business myself.

If the UK is out of the question in that matter, where else can I get offshore status (Seychelles company) and be active in my own company while

selling and buying my products within European Union?

Well, seems you got confused! As a UK citizens you can't do that, that's correct, but if you are a citizen from any other country i.e. Spain, Greece, Netherlands etc. it is possible. I got in touch with one of our clients who told me that this is how he is doing things and there are no issues at all, this is for his second year.

You may want to get in touch with one of the bigger firms to get this confirmed or simply have a discussion about it for clarification purpose. It's much easier for most Europeans to move to the UK rather than any exotic island I think.

Just wanted to mention.. there may be other places ofcourse which may suite you better :) maybe someone else has suggestion in that direction :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it's actually possible in other countries? For instant Andorra ?