Our valued sponsor

Billionaire Jack Ma Is Giving Up Control of Ant Group

Yup China did the right thing here thu&¤#.

You want to understand why? Watch the below video only from 57:48 to 58:38 mark. And listen very very carefully to just that one minute clip. China puts its billionaires in check unlike some other countries ;).

Yup China did the right thing here thu&¤#.

You want to understand why? Watch the below video only from 57:48 to 58:38 mark. And listen very very carefully to just that one minute clip. China puts its billionaires in check unlike some other countries ;).

ok, and is there any conclusion? I mean in terms of what is better (smaller evil)?

ok, and is there any conclusion? I mean in terms of what is better (smaller evil)?

Less influence is better.

no doubt about that - but less influence of corporations or less influence of government/politburo? I'm having hard times to decide

Has to be some middle ground. But you can't end up with a country resembling a oligarchy like in U.S. Government has to be run for the interest of the majority not powerful and influential minority.

Reactions: CyprusLawyer101
this might be worth a poll on this forum :D

You mean a poll such as should government be run for the interests of the powerful and influential (like Jack Ma or Elon Musk) or majority interest?

I think the result should be obvious....but then again :confused:

You mean a poll such as should government be run for the interests of the powerful and influential (like Jack Ma or Elon Musk) or majority interest?

putting aside that government shouldn't exist at all (for the same reason you don't want your town to be governed by a gang) I meant a poll which of those options will be better in the end for an average citizen who gets fucked either way

He overstepped the mark. They nipped that oligarchy attempt in the bud.

----- quote start

Ant Group runs Alipay, the main online payment system in China, which has eclipsed cash, cheques and credit cards.
Some analysts saw it as an attempt by the Chinese government to humble a company that had become too powerful and a leader who had become too outspoken.

The regulatory intervention came after Mr Ma had told a financial conference that traditional banks had a "pawn-shop mentality".

He also lauded the merits of the digital banking system, and stressed that future lending decisions should be based on data, not collateral.

---- quote end

Latest Threads