Our valued sponsor

Bitcoin confirmation takes more then 18 hours on normal mode???

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys experience with sending bitcoins in SLOW / NORMAL mode from Coinbase to AdvCash? Usually I send it FAST but I thought I would test out how long it will take for the lowest fee (NORMAL) and so far after 18 hours only 3 confirmation and I need 6 to clear the money in AdvCash??

Is that normal, how much longer can I expect to wait? eek¤%&

I was experimenting with different fees too.

For my experiment I used stasis wallet and tried to convert EURS to ETH within my wallet.

What used to take just a couple of minutes took almost 3 days and at some point I got worried about the whole thing. I did just a bit of research and then found out that in theory it may be possible for the transaction not to be finished like ever.

I will do a couple more tests to satisfy my curiosity but will not be using low fees for anything that needs to get somewhere on time.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I have the exact same thing right now. Tried with the lowest fee, get 2 confirmations over the last 24 hours and nothing more. It's not something I would recommend anyone to do if he is in need to exchange or send crypto.

How can you get just 2 or 3 confirmations? If it's picked up and included in a block and got 2 confirmations, then it must also be included in the proceeding blocks (should be average every 10 minutes). What did I miss?
if someone has the answer it would be great to learn about it.

Maybe the fee was that low, that the first confirmation was approx. 30 minutes (3 blocks) ago?

The fee only determines, how fast the first confirmation will be made. Afterwards it will be confirmed in every further block.
But sometimes, it takes much longer than 10 minutes to generate another block. So the following confirmation will also be postponed till the next block gets found.

Totally it took more than 48 hours and finally cleared this morning... that will be the last time I go on low....

Reactions: Phil123
why would I like to wait 48 hours for such transaction to clear? Makes no sense to me. Anyway, I learned something new and know it is not worth to safe a few cents.

Reactions: khinkali
why would I like to wait 48 hours for such transaction to clear? Makes no sense to me. Anyway, I learned something new and know it is not worth to safe a few cents.
Still, could you explain how you had 3 confirmation after 18 hours and then it took 30 hours to get 3 confirmations more? Did you check on blockchain?

I once did a transaction that took almost a month. It cleared only when there was very little traffic on the network.
If you're not going to spend the coins right away it doesn't really matter if it takes 10 minutes or 2 days. Often bank transfers takes several days.

OMG how the hell should I explain why the s**t is not clearing while it is the question I'm asking.

Do you post here to increase your post count?

OMG how the hell should I explain why the s**t is not clearing while it is the question I'm asking.

Do you post here to increase your post count?
I tell you how to check, go check on the blockchain (blockchain explorer etc). If you had 3 confirmations after 18 hours then the rest must have happen quickly after that. Maybe Advcash were slow to update, that can’t be related to the fee.
If you don’t want to learn why then I don’t understand the point of this thread.

Latest Threads