Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard Card

Heared a case of a guy who was turned down even if he had CF printed on the residence permit which was plastic and valid, they insisted on tessera sanitaria or this CF card and would not "trust" the police/Questura issued document lol.
Was needed to get a local SIM card. So not refused by a bank or some gov insitution....refused by a simple shop for a SIM card lol

I got a CF number issued by TIM when purchasing a prepaid SIM card back in 2011. Number was actually valid (validated using various CF online calculators), and calculated as a foreigner (I'm not Italian and don't live there). Even successfully used it to open a Hype online bank account a few years ago (which they subsequently blocked/closed a few months later - not sure why, maybe because of my non-EU citizenship :p ). Last month the "official" website to validate CF (Verifica codice fiscale di persona fisica o di soggetto diverso da persona fisica) says that my CF is no longer valid. Not sure if they "cleaned house" after the past 10+ years. @newNomad , in my particular case, is it worth going to the consulate to get a new CF issued, or would they ask a lot of questions (because I had a 'quasi' CF issued by TIM at one time?) Would reason being "planning to purchase a retirement home in Sardinia" good enough for them to give me one?

Also heard about the various lawyers/introducers who supposedly can help open a bank account in Italy (as a prospective real estate buyer), although not sure what others have experienced.

And back to the topic...the last time I tried to get a BlackcatCard in late 2021, I got a Gekkard card instead. Same company (Papaya in Malta), same type of IBAN: MTxxx, I just didn't get that cool black card... :( Not sure what happened.

I have a question regarding blackcatcard. Someone I know got his money locked by those guys and they requested SOF for recent 5 digit payment. Everything was submitted a couple of weeks ago and since then no updates. Each time he asks about updates they keep telling him that they still reviewing it. Perhaps some of you here have contact with someone close to owners of this biz? To try to accelerate his case, or is this a lost cause already? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a question regarding blackcatcard. Someone I know got his money locked by those guys and they requested SOF for recent 5 digit payment. Everything was submitted a couple of weeks ago and since then no updates. Each time he asks about updates they keep telling him that they still reviewing it. Perhaps some of you here have contact with someone close to owners of this biz? To try to accelerate his case, or is this a lost cause already? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.
This why I would never trust EMI
At least with bank, you can go to their office and deal with them in person

Reactions: jafo
Maybe they have faced some problems now. Because they are telling me that they are reviewing my application for so long already even though I gave them all the docs

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
What has been the time they have taken to review your docs?

This why I would never trust EMI
At least with bank, you can go to their office and deal with them in person
Its happening with Banks too

BOA and Chase blocking accounts

The problem started with 2022 since the compliance is 100% handled by the EMIs and the banks then they started all problems

Before moving 5 or 6 figures were fine

Now even moving 4 digits from your company account to your personal is a problem

They need to enhance AML system because its affecting people business who have nothing to do with any money laundry or financial crimes

All what i see that the world is stopping new rich people and stop the wealthy people from being more wealthy

Its A.M.L game

The bank who provide them rhe service will check with the central bank and central bank will check with gov to check the actual source

This game take time even if you provided them all the documents they asked

Reactions: Forester
Its happening with Banks too

BOA and Chase blocking accounts

The problem started with 2022 since the compliance is 100% handled by the EMIs and the banks then they started all problems

Before moving 5 or 6 figures were fine

Now even moving 4 digits from your company account to your personal is a problem

They need to enhance AML system because its affecting people business who have nothing to do with any money laundry or financial crimes

All what i see that the world is stopping new rich people and stop the wealthy people from being more wealthy

Its A.M.L game

The bank who provide them rhe service will check with the central bank and central bank will check with gov to check the actual source

This game take time even if you provided them all the documents they asked
Solution is very simple
You run a business and bank ask for SOF
You provide them invoice, contracts, bank statement showing flow of funds
If bank won't ask for that, I think it is not a reliable bank.

Thank you for the information. Perhaps they are slow because it's summer and time for vacations.
Exactly. From what I see, a month for reviewing some compliance docs is, unfortunately, not an exception now /not only with Blackcatcard/ – simply a summer at the northern hemisphere :(
(I do not mean that it should be expected generally round the year.)

There 2 solutions

1. write them and tell them you want to close your account then they'll ask you to give another bank to send the money there.
2 . write what happened on trustpilot

and let me know
Thanks for your input. Just spoke with a guy and he said that he already asked them to return/refund the money to the originating account. No response received yet.

Reactions: jafo and Forester
Thanks for your input. Just spoke with a guy and he said that he already asked them to return/refund the money to the originating account. No response received yet.
If you keep us posted about the updates, it will be appreciated.

Reactions: vehzag and jafo