Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard

mrsv

Nov 29, 2022
South America
Visit site
Did anyone try this? Are they open accounts from any country out of EU?

Last year I tried to apply but I think it was only for EU residents, now it seems they accept people from other countries, wondering if anyone tried this way.
It seems like they would send a MasterCard card too but only if you reside in Europe, wondering if is a good idea to register as European resident and then change it in a few months would allow me to keep the card

You can open account with them, and you will get IBAN account, but only EU countries get physical card on their addresses, the rest get virtual card, only for online payment, I checked with them. Not EU citizen.

Thre are like any other EMI / neobank or what makes them interesting for someone?

Reactions: JohnLocke

Last year I tried to apply but I think it was only for EU residents, now it seems they accept people from other countries, wondering if anyone tried this way.
It seems like they would send a MasterCard card too but only if you reside in Europe, wondering if is a good idea to register as European resident and then change it in a few months would allow me to keep the card

Tried to open it with UAE residency. After LEGIT 30 tries to pass the identity verification because their shitty system is always telling me that my face is not matching the passport they rejected my application. Support told me
it has nothing to do with my UAE residency but i am sure it certainly has because after this i tried to use my EU residency and it worked flawlessly.

Blackcat card started as a new name for Papaya card, which is registered in Malta, but they obviously decided to keep Papaya card going. The head office is in Sliema, the most crowded place in Malta - but with good shops and nightlife. I spent hours researching the company and it's a complete maze. One link said that you can pay cash into your account, but only via the office in Sliema. Some links led to Gibraltar (maybe their Mastercard licence?), others to Moscow!! They had a bad reputation for their ID verification, but maybe they've improved. Nevertheless, I will try opening an account soon. You get a Maltese IBAN which may be useful.

Does this card falls under CRS reporting ?
If they ask for tax ID number they normally would report

You can open account with them, and you will get IBAN account, but only EU countries get physical card on their addresses, the rest get virtual card, only for online payment, I checked with them. Not EU citizen.
Did you open your account? Did you got the digital card?

Latest Threads