Our valued sponsor

Blockchain online wallet, verification/ID required?

ceiling

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just had a quick question; recently I've switched to receiving payments only via bitcoin on my online business, signed up to an online wallet using Blockchain but here' the kicker, used a different name and email address to make the account. My question is, do blockchain have any type of verification/ID procedures? So far I have an automated payment system setup that's happily receiving mass payments on my website, which then forwards the funds to this blockchain wallet so at some point I will need to either withdraw/cash out or make fairly large transfers. I'm hoping there won't be any issues but better to know sooner than later I guess.

No, blockchain.info does not require ID unless you are buying Bitcoin though them (only available in some countries as I understand it). To use it just to receive and send BTC you will never be asked for ID. You should really have a better understanding of how Bitcoin works before you start trading in high volumes. Please do not rely on an online wallet to store large values. They hold your private keys. So if they disappear, get DDOS'd or your account or their system gets hacked, your coins are gone forever.

Store your coins in a paper wallet or a hardware wallet, and make sure only you hold the private keys. You can still spend the coins by adding them to your blockchain wallet, but you retain full control. Jump on youtube and search paper wallets or hardware wallets and you will quickly learn what you need to know.

For right now though, make sure you turn of all the available security features such as 2FA and mobile authorisation and secondary password. Your bitcoin is a target, so stay safe.

Hardware wallets are a bit of a gimmick IMO. But they do the job. Paper wallets are free, and safer in many ways.

Electrum is fine as long as you do not get any malware that can steal your bitcoins, and don't care too much about anonymity (central servers mean IP logging). I can't speak for bitpay, but I believe it is an online wallet, so if they hold or generate your private keys, they are inherently less safe, than if you alone hold them.

Sorry to open this thread again, but I want to hear if people are still happy with blockchcian.com - I've used them for at least 4 years without having the slightest trouble. It always seems stable and fast when using the desktop version or accessing the site via my mobile.

Latest Threads