Our valued sponsor

BTC payments only. Will it work?

Laura

May 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to setup an offshore company. Due to the business activities being 'high risk' creditcard payments are not available. Currently I'm thinking to offer btc payments only! The good thing about it is that I avoid the need for a bank. I can setup an EMI account with darks to cash out my BTC to stay anonymous. However I figure that offering only one payment option will make it less attractive to buy something. So I want to make payments with btc as simple as possible.

Does anybody know something about a btc payment processor which I can integrate within my website and which allows the customer to buy btc with their CC?

thanks

Laura.

I totally agree with @extremedox101 it's possible to run your business based on BTC payment only. Actually more and more people are able to buy btc very easy if they don't have any already.

I will go against the previous comments depending on the product that you sell. If you are the only one to sell it (I said IF ;)) and if its very high risk/black listed, crypto will be ok.
Do you have any competition?
However, if your customers or potential clients can get the same product/service or similar on a different website with card payments, you need to have card payments as well.

If you own any cryptocurrency, why will you pay for a service and waste your cryptocurrency when a competitor can accept credit cards for instance?
Cryptcurrency owners should not spend their currencies now as the value to keep it is way higher than the value to spend it on an ecommerce website.

I will go against the previous comments depending on the product that you sell. If you are the only one to sell it (I said IF ;)) and if its very high risk/black listed, crypto will be ok.
Do you have any competition?
However, if your customers or potential clients can get the same product/service or similar on a different website with card payments, you need to have card payments as well.

If you own any cryptocurrency, why will you pay for a service and waste your cryptocurrency when a competitor can accept credit cards for instance?
Cryptcurrency owners should not spend their currencies now as the value to keep it is way higher than the value to spend it on an ecommerce website.

i read spending it increase the value than just store it , but you could be right .

lets take a basic and silly example.
I want to buy shoes on a website accepting crypto. Why will I buy a normal product with my crypto when I can use my EUR/USD/GBP? Having 1000€ of cryptocurrency is better than having 1000€ on my bank account, the future is uncertain but the crypto is more valuable today (it can quickly change). So I will use my normal mean of payment than using my btc wallet.

Regarding @Laura, it will depend on the product/service that she offers, the way to acquirer the clients/traffic, the competition, the workload, etc.

BTC will work nicely, however if you are in a country like the US that treats it as an asset and is taxable you will be liable for that so be careful.
This apply for all countries if you like it or not. For instant speak to an German or Scandinavian tax attorney or tax advisor and you will get the exact same answer. You have to pay tax from the crypto you hold in the wallet regardless if you exchange it to FIAT or not.

Latest Threads