Our valued sponsor

Bulgaria Self employed vs EOOD

Registering as a freelancer is not a good idea. Realistically, you can't deduct expenses, you can reduce the taxable base by 25%, you can't include expense invoices. It is better to register a company, self-insure at minimum wage (insurance is about 200 BGN per month), then pay 10% corporate tax, and if you distribute a dividend - another 5%.
Buying (through your Bulgarian EOOD) a small apartment where you can live and work (since EOOD's activity takes place 100% remotely via PC), I think it is strongly discouraged, right? I have read that it is inadvisable to purchase personal property (houses, cars, etc.) through the EOOD which is VAT registered. However, the apartment would also serve as a company headquarters/work office...do you know if you can or can't buy it? Perhaps the deduction will not be 100% of the value of the property, but less (75%, or 50%...)?
Thanks

Buying (through your Bulgarian EOOD) a small apartment where you can live and work (since EOOD's activity takes place 100% remotely via PC), I think it is strongly discouraged, right? I have read that it is inadvisable to purchase personal property (houses, cars, etc.) through the EOOD which is VAT registered. However, the apartment would also serve as a company headquarters/work office...do you know if you can or can't buy it? Perhaps the deduction will not be 100% of the value of the property, but less (75%, or 50%...)?
Thanks
why would it be discouraged? a lot of foreigners buy property through a company in bg.

Registering as a freelancer is not a good idea. Realistically, you can't deduct expenses, you can reduce the taxable base by 25%, you can't include expense invoices. It is better to register a company, self-insure at minimum wage (insurance is about 200 BGN per month), then pay 10% corporate tax, and if you distribute a dividend - another 5%.
do you have some set up links for this? I wrote already a few accountants but they dont always respond. I guess they have enough business

Latest Threads