Our valued sponsor

Business registration no needed for Business bank a/c

I am currently in the process of acquiring the necessary documentation to open a Single Member Exempt Private Limited Company in Malta. According to the Malta Business Registry, 20%, of the nominal value of the starting capital must be paid up on the signing of the memorandum. To evince this, a bank deposit slip must be brought with the memorandum and articles of association for new company formation.

The issue which I am experiencing is that in order to open a business bank account locally to input the starting capital, the bank requires a business registration number. However I am unable to acquire a u business registration number until the business has been legally incorporated. However, the business cannot be legally incorporated without the starting capital being put into the account.

So I'm stuck needing the bank account and business registration number at once, without being able to acquire one without the other.

All advice is extremely appreciated :)

Most often a Lawyer is handling this on client accounts. I wonder why your agent isn't able to arrange for the account ?