Our valued sponsor

Buy USD cash?

What currency are you looking to buy USD with?

Whats wrong with a Bureau De Change in your country or a bank?

Reactions: MiltonStone
What currency are you looking to buy USD with?

Whats wrong with a Bureau De Change in your country or a bank?
It will either be RON or EUR. The bank I have here in Romania ING only provides a checking account with USD but they won't allow me to withdraw it. As if there is something as convincing as digits on a screen. Won't most exchanges take a lot in fees and with shady exchange rates? I've never bought currencies before, so that will explain why I'm not so knowledgable about this.

What currency are you converting from? The cheapest and easiest way to buy USD would be through licensed EMI or OTC brokerage.

I want cash though

Won't most exchanges take a lot in fees and with shady exchange rates?
It's how they make money. But it's probably the easiest option you have. Just look up the latest exchange rates with ECB for EUR and BNR for RON and see how they compare to the exchange rates being offered. You might have to do it in multiple smaller transactions.

Another option would be to speak with other international banks. Big ones like Erste, Unicredit, Alpha Bank, and Intesa might be able to accommodate an exchange if you make arrangements in advance. You don't necessarily need to open an account with them.

Reactions: thedirtyteller
It will either be RON or EUR. The bank I have here in Romania ING only provides a checking account with USD but they won't allow me to withdraw it. As if there is something as convincing as digits on a screen. Won't most exchanges take a lot in fees and with shady exchange rates? I've never bought currencies before, so that will explain why I'm not so knowledgable about this.

I want cash though
Don't you have usd exchange offices at your nearest airport?
Otherwise you would need to travel to some other eu countries which have usd in their local exchange offices.

Latest Threads