Our valued sponsor

Buying property in Dubai with cryptocurrency

Of course they do, their margin covers the conversion charges several times ;) Who is the fool to buy hugely overpriced properties from Cyprus developers (Like Giovani)?
This is no longer the case, this used to be the case when citizenship programme was running. In any event as long as you have a trustworthy representative/lawyer in Cyprus they would ensure you get a property which would be value for money and not overpriced

I invested in Dubai real estate 2 years ago and so far a minimum of 25% increase which is an excellent appreciation for real estate investment. As long as you know what you're investing in, you will be fine. The biggest problem is if you don't know the developers or areas, the real estate agent will try to sell trash/overpriced units and you can lose %20-30 of your invesment instantly.

I expect more increase in real estate because they handled the COVID pandemic very well with vaccination and it is already started to boost the economy and real estate. I can see lots of tourists despite of summer and long queues in front of food and luxury stores at any time of the day.

Reactions: CaptK
I invested in Dubai real estate 2 years ago and so far a minimum of 25% increase which is an excellent appreciation for real estate investment. As long as you know what you're investing in, you will be fine. The biggest problem is if you don't know the developers or areas, the real estate agent will try to sell trash/overpriced units and you can lose %20-30 of your invesment instantly.

I expect more increase in real estate because they handled the COVID pandemic very well with vaccination and it is already started to boost the economy and real estate. I can see lots of tourists despite of summer and long queues in front of food and luxury stores at any time of the day.

Are you renting these out? If so, any experience with receiving moneys in a foreign bank account?

Are you renting these out? If so, any experience with receiving moneys in a foreign bank account?
I didn't receive rent to a foreign bank account but open a local bank account and ask your tenant to transfer money locally. You can transfer your local bank account funds foreign bank account easily. This would be the most straightforward and safe way. If you don't want to open a local bank account, you can collect cash or encash a cheque without a local bank account.

I went today to the Dubai Mall after lunch and there were hardly anyone walking on Fashion Avenue… The queues were at McDonald’s and KFC

I went today to the Dubai Mall after lunch and there were hardly anyone walking on Fashion Avenue… The queues were at McDonald’s and KFC
Dubai food price are high. Only kfc and McDonald's are affordable.
Even miilioner think twise before going to Dubai fine dining restaurant daily. It is ok for weekend for daily even millioner can not afford it smi(&%smi(&%smi(&%

Basically Dubai is tax-free but every day item price is some kind of robbery . The hidden truth of tax free life style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Btraveler
I was in Dubai Mall today too. I had to wait 30-40 minutes for Cipriani Dolci(in the middle of fashion avenue) also there was a queue in front of luxury brands like LV, Chanel but do not expect the same crowd in fashion avenue compared with other parts of the mall of course.

Basically Dubai is tax-free but every day item price is some kind of robbery . The hidden truth of tax free life style.
Second that.

Reactions: troubled soul
Where do they get the data from? Is the data from their sales or from some government agency which tracks all sales?

Untitled.png

It is government Service.
You can see Daily transaction as well in real time. Even Dubai land department Instagram profile post daily transaction .
You see so many things in Dubai Real estate deals are too transparent than any other country :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: rowena and mike400
It is government Service.
You can see Daily transaction as well in real time. Even Dubai land department Instagram profile post daily transaction .
You see so many things in Dubai Real estate deals are too transparent than any other country :cool::cool::cool:
Can you get individual property sale data from their website (can't find it) or from the app (doesn't run on my rooted phone)?

Reactions: troubled soul
Can you get individual property sale data from their website (can't find it) or from the app (doesn't run on my rooted phone)?

Keep in mind that Some cash transactions has been registered at a lower price to save 4% registration fees. and, some mortgage transactions have been registered at a higher value to get higher loan .
So do not get confuse.
As I mention so many times things are very crazy and strange in Dubai

Keep in mind that Some cash transactions has been registered at a lower price to save 4% registration fees
Isn't it risky to pay more in cash than what's on the contract?

Is there any way to avoid this fee? For example buying the property under a company name and then selling the company. Or the UBO is listed in the land registry?

Isn't it risky to pay more in cash than what's on the contract?

Is there any way to avoid this fee? For example buying the property under a company name and then selling the company. Or the UBO is listed in the land registry?
There are many way in Dubai to do "certain things".
Depend on what are your trying to achieve ?
Contact any reputable broker and explain your situation in person .
They can help you.

Developer Who accept bitcoin:

Broker who accept Bitcoin:

And there are many

On this forum @CaptK and @Fred also can help you do buy property with crypto.
They also setup company bank account and you can easily convert Crypto to Bank account without any trace of crypto. Than you can do whatever want with that money.

Best thing you can do is https://www.propertyfinder.ae/
Find the property which suits you and then contact respective broker and ask them if they accept Crypto or not . Most of broker now accept bitcoin.

If you are on low budget you can also go with partial ownership using

If you do not want to use any of broker/middle man, and Do it your own, You sell bitcoin for Cash via OTC

Most property deal are done in cash here so no worry.

Last Most Important things I do not connected with any of them.
So Do it at your own risk.

Reactions: JosephLL
Solid info azb1

Developer will use a 3rd party for btc purchase. I see, for example, Ellington Properties using Bitcoin Suisse. This might be a choke point, where Bitcoin Suisse demands impossible kyc conditions or simply throws out nonEEA person ?
Yes, in fact I think Bitcoin Suisse has been difficult to get into ever since their bank license got rejected. Even for EU ppl.

Also, according to captK selling for cash doesn't make much sense, since you don't get a receipt and therefore can't show up with that cash elsewhere.

So, are we back at the beginning (at least for nonEEAs) with Fred's convoluted setup and slower cash-out over time?

Reactions: CaptK
There are other brokers that use huobi (and possibly others, I'm not an expert on this), so I still think crypto -> property is a viable option.
Yes it is.

In reality the most property purchases in Crypto happens as OTC deal from Crypto to Cash as literally every Developer - no matter what - is accepting cash.

Usually the Real Estate Companies doesn't disclose this to you and mention you something like it will cost you 5% as service fee.

Just do the OTC deal on your own and mention nothing about Crypto and just say you pay cash - no one will add you some % or try to rip you off.