Our valued sponsor

Buying used car in EU with cash.

Tourbillon

Mar 29, 2019
Visit site
Hello! I am EU citizen, I have moved from one country to another, I am in process of receiving my residency here, when it is done, I am obligated to put my car on my new residency countries number plates. I would like to use this situation to buy new car with cash. I want to buy it in one country, put it on export plates and import it in to my new country of residency.
I know that cash transactions are limited EU-wide, but is there any EU country left where cash transactions are accepted in used car market? Where for seller(private or business) accepting cash is normal? I don't want to be suspicious guy offering cash and just wasting everyone's time. Amount is 30-50k EUR.
I can pay up to 30% by bank transfer, but rest only cash. How is the situation in Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg with cash in used car market? Thanks!

in Poland there is no limit but only if buying as a private person

Thanks, how does sellers look on cash offers in Poland? I would be buying as private person and car will go to export, so never registered in Poland after sale. And how do we make deal secure? In my country when it was possible we were doing such transactions through notary.

Thanks, how does sellers look on cash offers in Poland? I would be buying as private person and car will go to export, so never registered in Poland after sale. And how do we make deal secure? In my country when it was possible we were doing such transactions through notary.
Cash is common and you won't be considered a shady guy for offering that. In regards to making deal secure I don't know.

Allisgood is right, Germany is by far the best place to buy a car if cash is doable

And how do we make deal secure?
If you mean secure in terms of personal safety as the holder of a large sum of cash, if cash transactions are not prohibited in a particular country then simply conduct the transaction at the nearest police station or at the motor vehicle department. If you mean secure in the sense of legal paperwork, then you may want to conduct the sale at the motor vehicle department and have government personnel review all the paperwork just before you turn over your cash to the seller.