Our valued sponsor

BVI Company, But No Banking (Russia)

inector

Member Plus
May 6, 2021
Russia
Visit site
A friend of mine has a company that does logistics. He is involved in trade with Russia.

He has a few companies in those offshore areas like BVI, Cayman, etc.

But he struggles with banking.

Moldovan nationality.

Considering the Russia part, where can he set up operating company?

Pick a territory that's neutral or friendly towards Russia. Turkey, UAE, and Kazakhstan were the initial places business went to. Things have cooled down there now and it's harder than ever for Russians to start/move businesses there and open bank account. Same goes for Malaysia, Hong Kong, and so on. But those are the kind of places you'd probably need to work with.

Reactions: inector
Problem you have, logistics wise, sometimes these companies are used to transport goods to Russia which is dual purpose.

The US routinely indicts persons for this, and in the case of shipping they detain and extradite individuals (see Persian gulf recently).

So risk is very high... banking wise.

Reactions: inector
Pick a territory that's neutral or friendly towards Russia. Turkey, UAE, and Kazakhstan were the initial places business went to. Things have cooled down there now and it's harder than ever for Russians to start/move businesses there and open bank account. Same goes for Malaysia, Hong Kong, and so on. But those are the kind of places you'd probably need to work with.

Turkey and UAE are blocking transactions with Russia. Kazakhstan more soon than later.

If he goes for this Asian route - how can he send payments to Russia?

In Kazakhstan I believe it would be possible, any bank advice?
Turkey and UAE are blocking transactions with Russia. Kazakhstan more soon than later.
Last I heard, transactions in western/major international currencies (USD, EUR, GBP) are blocked but local/regional currencies still work. There is a lot of extra scrutiny, though, and in many cases involve multiple currency swaps.

Last I heard, transactions in western/major international currencies (USD, EUR, GBP) are blocked but local/regional currencies still work. There is a lot of extra scrutiny, though, and in many cases involve multiple currency swaps.

It's in russian, but UAE start to close bank account of russians in UAE. Trnansfer from UAE to Russia, literally don't works.

My girlfriend is russian (with estonian passport), her cousin in Turkey blocked.

Kazakhstan is the way right now, but in few days they will start to close and frozen money too.

There will not be a single country where Russians can go en masse to open bank accounts. The United States simply threatens these countries by leaving them out of the banking system and they have no choice but to give in.

The most intelligent Russians escape from typical destinations such as UAE, Turkey, Kazakhstan or Thailand, and carry out operations from countries that are less attractive to everyone's eyes.

Sooner or later, Russia will be isolated like Cuba, Venezuela or Iran.

Reactions: uranium and ilke
In Kazakhstan I believe it would be possible, any bank advice?
E.g. Jusan Bank is probably advisable; they even have seemingly a quite clever agent around here, @EasyAcc I guess – make a search...
Turkey and UAE are blocking transactions with Russia.
Not true. Only partially / sometimes, especially in USD. Local currencies seem to work.
Kazakhstan more soon than later.
Well, we will see...
It's in russian, but UAE start to close bank account of russians in UAE.
It's a myth. Yes, something happened but it's not common. Well, never heard about Ura.news (that's not a surprise as I do not follow Russian media) so I cannot say how trustful is this source... some media agency from Ekaterinburg, I see. Generally, any media information related to Russia should be read very carefully.
There will not be a single country where Russians can go en masse to open bank accounts.
Probably not but they do not need to do it. En masse.
The most intelligent Russians escape from typical destinations such as UAE, Turkey, Kazakhstan or Thailand, and carry out operations from countries that are less attractive to everyone's eyes.
Or from the countries that are not much US friendly anyway.
:) I do not expect it to happen.
Do not overlook that countries like China and India do not care much what is Uncle Sam's opinion.

@inector : In addition to above named, your friend can consider Latin America. Some countries there are very suitable for this task. More evt. in PM if you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilke and baltic7
There will not be a single country where Russians can go en masse to open bank accounts. The United States simply threatens these countries by leaving them out of the banking system and they have no choice but to give in.
When precisely "there will not be"? Give me a time frame.

And let's make a deal for $100k if you're so certain. Are you or not? If not, then make a remark that that's what you foresee, your opinion and nothing more.

:) I do not expect it to happen.
Do not overlook that countries like China and India do not care much what is Uncle Sam's opinion.
But that stament isn't expected to predict what will happen. But what @baltic7 wants to happen, to demonstrate to others his opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
When precisely "there will not be"? Give me a time frame.

And let's make a deal for $100k if you're so certain. Are you or not? If not, then make a remark that that's what you foresee, your opinion and nothing more.

Of course, is just my opinion. I don't have the absolute truth in anything in life. Don't be offended.

P.D: You are very wrong if you think that i want this situation happens. But you win.

Last edited by a moderator: