Our valued sponsor

BVI prime minister arrested!

JohnnyDoe

Schrödinger's guy
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 6, 2021
beach
Visit site

The real news is the USA arresting an incumbent Prime Minister of a sovereign country. Which is against all basic laws and principles of diplomacy.

Yeah I saw that news..lol. Welcome to the Caribbean. And that my friend is why I don't bank here. I already know the system and mentality inside out.

Very sad as his action have set the entire Caribbean back 30 years to an era of wild west like what Dubai is today. This also comes after I mentioned the other day that Caribbean representatives visited US to discuss USD correspondence banking and US de-risking issues doh948"".

Good, abandoned beaches and cheap real estate? I'll take it.
yes that would not be bad, it must go for cheap if all the rest is removed.

If you strip away financial services and tourism and citizenship programs from the Caribbeans, what is left?

Population of BVI is roughly 30,000 people. They can only do so much....lol.

The real news is the USA arresting an incumbent Prime Minister of a sovereign country. Which is against all basic laws and principles of diplomacy.
BVI is not a soverreign nation. Proof is the UK just decided to end it autonomy temporarly (direct control of the UK government)

BVI is not a soverreign nation. Proof is the UK just decided to end it autonomy temporarly (direct control of the UK government)
Ah yes I forgot that colonialism still exists. Kudos to Barbados, other Caribbean nations will follow soon.
Anyway the BVI prime minister is still a prime minister in charge, with his diplomatic status and all the related supposed immunities. Which stand until someone decides they no longer do.

The people of BVI will not be happy at UK exercising its colonial powers - BOT or not. The world has moved on and the UK should realize that.

I too commend Barbados and also hopefully soon to be Jamaica.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
The people of BVI will not be happy at UK exercising its colonial powers - BOT or not. The world has moved on and the UK should realize that.

I too commend Barbados and also hopefully soon to be Jamaica.

There are talks in St. Lucia too, the former prime minister Chastenet wants to promote a republic once he gets back to power.

I do not know how many knows that, In 2005, crown prince and effective ruler of Ras al-Khaimah, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Arrested in Minnesota.

qasimisheikh1.jpg

It shows that although so many people bashes USA online and renounce citizenship to save some tax, USA justice department is By and large fair and honest. They do not care you are PM or prince.
Rules applies to all.

Reactions: backpacker
I do not know how many knows that, In 2005, crown prince and effective ruler of Ras al-Khaimah, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Arrested in Minnesota.

View attachment 3543

It shows that although so many people bashes USA online and renounce citizenship to save some tax, USA justice department is By and large fair and honest. They do not care you are PM or prince.
Rules applies to all.
Accused of “Digital penetration” smi(&%
An Italian former prime minister was removed from office with the excuse of some (elegant) dinners

Latest Threads