Our valued sponsor

Cambodia banks

You are definitely the Cambodian resident expert!

Thank you for sharing
Thank you.
If anyone needs more hand holding, I can help.

Is there a way to auto charge every 2 weeks?
You don't need to charge every 2 weeks.
You can just charge $2 many times on the same day, and it adds up the total validity of the SIM.
I am good until January 2025 with my SIM now.

Not sure about others, but using Smart - charging just $1 gives you 1 week "validity" followed by an additional 60 days "grace period" where you can only receive SMS/calls (sending SMS/calling disabled). That is just perfect for receiving OTPs, and you never lose your balance. That's what I've been doing for many years - top up $1 every 67 days.

They also have a $2 subscription that increases the validity period to 90 days, but that actually debits $2 from your balance :)

So one year using this method will be ~ $5.5, and you get to keep those $5.5 in your balance to use when you're visiting.
Yeah, Smart is good for that, so you can keep your number with low cost. There were 'superlong' plans before, can't find them anymore.
I have cellcard myself, and through all that data charging for using internet, my SIM validity is already extended until 2025.

Last edited:
is this a forum for people who wants to save 2 euro a mounth? the quality is really going down soon is losers offshore club if you not have 1 m usd in bank account not even touch offshore is too expensive for you

cambodia seems interesting any way , do the banks offer multicurrency accounts and some kind of private banking option?

is this a forum for people who wants to save 2 euro a mounth? the quality is really going down soon is losers offshore club if you not have 1 m usd in bank account not even touch offshore is too expensive for you
I don't think so. They are just many people coming once with an idea that never works and we waste time on them.

For your question, I think there are many here with 20+ SIM cards and an even higher number of bank accounts. Managing am those gets tiring when they require their attention not than once per year.

cambodia seems interesting any way , do the banks offer multicurrency accounts and some kind of private banking option?
Yes and which ones you recommend?

Reactions: jafo

Yeah, you can open an account in USD/EURO/KHR. Maybe SGD too, haven't attempted it myself.
Private banking is available, starts from around 500,000 USD total deposit. Cambodia is used to Chinese money, no cheap private banking like in Georgia.
But, if you smile to the bank teller girl and ask, she will give you her telegram contact, which might be useful for that.

500 and 1500 usd is the service provider fee. I'm just researching options, don't think banks in Cambodia are competitive in terms of fees or reliability. Main purpose is avoiding EUSSR
What are the requirements to open a business bank account in an Cambodian bank ?

Reactions: jafo
What are the requirements to open a business bank account in an Cambodian bank ?

It's not as straightforward as a personal account. From ABA Bank's website:

To open a corporate account, you need to provide the following documents:

• Original and latest Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A) signed by all directors of the Company.
  • Certificate of Commercial Registration / Incorporation issued by Ministry of Commerce or a printed version of Certificate of Registration with QR code.
  • Original Board of Directors Resolution to appoint signatory(ies) and account mandate.
  • Original and valid National ID or Passport of all Shareholders and Directors.
  • Original and valid National ID or Passport of all Authorized Signatory(ies).
  • Business Tax Patent (if applicable).
  • Business License issued by relevant ministry and/or authority (if applicable).
  • Letter of Approval from relevant ministry or authority (if applicable).
  • Sample of Board of Director Resolution (please use company’s letterhead and incorporate the content in the sample Board of Director Resolution where applicable).
And, fill in the following forms:

Additional requirements:

• Company seal to be appended on Board of Director Resolution and other relevant documents (where applicable).
  • Customer is required to disclose Tax Registration number (TRN) or Tax Identification number (TIN) where applicable.
  • Authorized Signatory(ies) is/are required to be present at the Bank or in front of a Bank staff.
Note
- Account for Financial Institutions: Requirements may differ, please contact our branch for more information.
- In addition to the required documents for account opening above, customers shall also comply with the Bank's onboarding policies and processes before the account opening.

Reactions: JohnLocke and jafo
Thank you very much for this detailed information from this bank and it's requirements. I will do some more research.

Latest Threads