Our valued sponsor

Cambodia release MY SECOND HOME CM2H (CAMBODIA) Program 10 years visa!

There is one reason to consider this visa that hasn't been mentioned - Cambodia is a non-CRS country. For all its shortcomings, this setup gives you a non-CRS bank account. Unlike the US and that one shitty African country, you don't owe taxes just by virtue of having a residence visa. You have to be in Cambodia or have Cambodia be your primary residence at least 183 days out of the year. That is never going to happen on accident in a place so close to Thailand. It's called my SECOND home so they can't come back and say this is automatically your primary residence. Unlike the Dubai setup from Fred, you don't have to go to Cambodia every 6 months to keep your visa and non-CRS status. $1000 per year for tax-free non-CRS earnings (plus the fixed cost of the real estate) sounds reasonable to me.

After doing some digging it looks like this was introduced to compensate for the citizenship by investment program I mentioned being dropped quietly at the end of last year. There is a new program offering citizenship for buying US$340,000 in real estate, but like the old program it sounds like playing with fire if you don't have a great lawyer or connection to the royal family.

you can just walk through the banks door and get a bank account as a tourist on the spot tho

Really? Which banks? When I was in Cambodia in 2019 both PPCBank and KB Kookmin Bank told me you have to have a residence, business or retirement visa to open an account.

PPC in my case.

Yeah there were requirements but $100 fixed that. Even if that didnt work, a biz visa costs $300 yearly I believe.
Cambodia is very corrupt, use that to your advantage.

PPC in my case.

Yeah there were requirements but $100 fixed that. Even if that didnt work, a biz visa costs $300 yearly I believe.
Cambodia is very corrupt, use that to your advantage.
The corruption goes always both ways so don't scream here in the forum when you get issues banking significant amounts of money with Cambodia Banks.