Our valued sponsor

Can bank check UAE residency card

bronze

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps gendimas can answer in regards to pervesk, but if I was to apply to open a Singapore citibank account let's say, and I give them a UAE residency card (scan) along with power bill, rental agreement etc for address in dubai, can they check with UAE authorities if the card number is assigned to my name, is there a process where they can access that information

Perhaps someone may be a citizen of bad tax country but is able to provide the above mentioned documents via email, thoughts.

Perhaps gendimas can answer in regards to pervesk, but if I was to apply to open a Singapore citibank account let's say, and I give them a UAE residency card (scan) along with power bill, rental agreement etc for address in dubai, can they check with UAE authorities if the card number is assigned to my name, is there a process where they can access that information

Perhaps someone may be a citizen of bad tax country but is able to provide the above mentioned documents via email, thoughts.
A bank outside UAE will ask you for passport together with the Emirates ID or only for the passport. Don't forget the Emirates ID is a national Idendity Card without international acceptance. Even the banks in the DIFC most of the time ask only for the passport.

You can open local UAE bank accounts with the Emirates ID only for AED account and as soon as you want an international transfer outside the UAE they ask for passport.

We only know some EMI's we get verified with Emirates ID only.

So yes for sure they could check with UAE authorities but they will simply safe up the time ask for passport and if they have doubts you don't live were you mentioned they maybe report to your country of citizenship.

In regarding to this matter the UAE banks opened with Emirates ID are the best because they are simply that old fashioned and lazy to do this. For example we have clients with business bank accounts opened years ago meanwhile the office changed several times and even the new office is stated on the new trade license you have to give them every year - they have on the bank statements still the office address 5 years back.

Reactions: CaptK
Problem is in Australia we have been hostage for 12 months and government saying another 1 or 2 years until we can leave country

I can open personal Singapore account from distance with decent deposit but wanted to see if I gave "mistaken" uae residence card if they can check against database

Problem is in Australia we have been hostage for 12 months and government saying another 1 or 2 years until we can leave country

I can open personal Singapore account from distance with decent deposit but wanted to see if I gave "mistaken" uae residence card if they can check against database
You do have actually an emirates ID or did your emirates ID expired?

I don't get your point sorry.

You should avoid cheating on banks in Singapore with modified documents. They can easily block the accounts.

As you know the Singapore banks ask for decent amount of money so you should spend that few thousand on a company in UAE that grants you the Visa residence with Emirates ID and you are all good to go. Don't safe at the wrong end.

Is there something that is speaking against doing it the legit way? Personally I couldn't sleep well at night with a bank account based on Photoshop and 6 figures or even more on it.
no because you have to sell your services.

OP you realize you do not get impartial advice!

Lol I know that my Friend haha

I'm hostage in my country so I can't get to dubai , otherwise I would and I cant travel for atleast 1 or 2 more years

I can open citi sing personal acc as Australian but I'm trying to find out if I can open as dubai resident with faulty but good looking residence card

In your eyes I should keep pushing somebody to break the law?

Especially if it's about the UAE I can speak on my own experience what the OP do and how he is doing it - is in his own responsibility.

If you can do it the legit way simply avoid breaking the law - that is what I advise.

In your eyes I should keep pushing somebody to break the law?

Especially if it's about the UAE I can speak on my own experience what the OP do and how he is doing it - is in his own responsibility.

If you can do it the legit way simply avoid breaking the law - that is what I advise.
I want to but I can't because I am hostage here due to fear from government of flu

Lol I know that my Friend haha

I'm hostage in my country so I can't get to dubai , otherwise I would and I cant travel for atleast 1 or 2 more years

I can open citi sing personal acc as Australian but I'm trying to find out if I can open as dubai resident with faulty but good looking residence card
You are hostage in a country?

Keep going on your plans and you will be sooner or later hostage of a prison.

• Haha
Reactions: juul2
You are hostage in a country?

Keep going on your plans and you will be sooner or later hostage of a prison.
Lol its nearly the same thing

Lock in house, business closed down, not much difference

No one going to jail for faulty residency card, if they ask for something else then I need to give passport, you must be scared of flu too I'm guessing

Lol its nearly the same thing

Lock in house, business closed down, not much difference

No one going to jail for faulty residency card, if they ask for something else then I need to give passport, you must be scared of flu too I'm guessing
Singapore is tricky and strict in that regard. They do not like this kind of thing nor do have understanding for such matter.

If they find out, your account is being blocked.
Also they will not open for 1000$ deposit.
You would need at least 100k usd on deposit, although I assume better 250k +.
Do you want to risk this?

And can you really not leave Australia? For some business trip etc?
I know these crazy lockdown suck as hell but wouldnt it be better to work on getting out first?

Reactions: Fred
Citibank SG or neither of any other SG banks I have accounts with asked me provide proof of UAE residence when I moved out from Singapore. I would however also not feel comfortable with fake documents with any bank or EMI.

they can try to check your emirated id , but it will take a lot of efforts but ant the end if they discorver t you forged a documets you will end up with a criminal accusation and in sinagapore is no joke , take another route

they can try to check your emirated id , but it will take a lot of efforts but ant the end if they discorver t you forged a documets you will end up with a criminal accusation and in sinagapore is no joke , take another route
Whatever they do with that criminal accusation is one thing, it is almost guaranteed your money will be gone in such an event.
So, I would not do it.

Reactions: Fred