Our valued sponsor

Can I become a resident of the US by buying real estate ?

And if you live in Europe, you'll be taxed on your worldwide income. What's the difference?
That part is the same: you're taxed on your worldwide income in EU countries as well - with few exceptions (like Malta).
The problem with US is that you can't go to another (tax preferable) country and claim tax residency there that easily (you can go from California to Florida and pay less taxes as there is no state income tax but you're still in US).

In Europe you could easily move to Cyprus and become a tax resident there and pay less taxes than in Germany for example.

The problem with US is that you can't go to another (tax preferable) country and claim tax residency there that easily (you can go from California to Florida and pay less taxes as there is no state income tax but you're still in US).
Yes, you can. Just stop being a legal permanent residence and move away.

In Europe you could easily move to Cyprus and become a tax resident there and pay less taxes than in Germany for example.
And you can move to Cyprus from the US and get the exact same benefit.

Why in the world would anyone want to move there?
Have you been there (at least as a tourist)?

My advice for you is go spend a month or two there as a tourist first.
Yes but considering in my branch salary are from 4x to 6x higher, I’m thinking to move there in order to work there 5 years-ish, and basically retire in my home country after that.

Usually it's people who need a visa to visit US want to move there. Try getting a US tourist visa with some 3rd world passport. It's like winning a lottery for someone lol
Thanks and I noticed that. With my passport I can fly to US visa-free, on so called ESTA system, but it excludes any further settling there (except of saying as an illegal which is clearly not a good option for me), which isn’t the case for visas said above. Thanks for the remark though.