Our valued sponsor

Can I work for an offshore company?

Richie

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello

I would like to know if I can work for my offshore corporation (IBC) because I will need speak with some people representing the company and sign some contracts. Is a good option create a contract between me and offshore company and work for it?

Because the real owner of IBC is unknown for the authorities. Can I have a problems with this? Do you know a better solution for it?

Regards

Get a Power of Attorney would allow you to act on the behalf of the company. The inconvenience is that some jurisdiction could resettle you as the real manager of the company. An expert could give you more details.

Else, I would definitely not recommend you to be salaried. I don't know which king of "representation" you need to perform and if you really need to perform them yourself. I'm not much aware of your situation but look if you can :
- Be an agent acting on the behalf of the company
- Be a contractor
- Get this done by your director

For more stealth you can be sub-agent and sub-contractor; however a Power of Attorney would do the job in most case.

Reactions: Richie
If you can't deal with someone acting on your behalf then set yourself as a subagent, but you will struggle to get an agent to contract you or get a power of attorney. I would say, I'm pretty sure your service provider can advise you.

If you can't deal with someone acting on your behalf then set yourself as a subagent, but you will struggle to get an agent to contract you or get a power of attorney. I would say, I'm pretty sure your service provider can advise you.

I will upgrade my account this week, I hope can be helped there. Thank you

Get a Power of Attorney would allow you to act on the behalf of the company. The inconvenience is that some jurisdiction could resettle you as the real manager of the company. An expert could give you more details.

Else, I would definitely not recommend you to be salaried. I don't know which king of "representation" you need to perform and if you really need to perform them yourself. I'm not much aware of your situation but look if you can :
- Be an agent acting on the behalf of the company
- Be a contractor
- Get this done by your director

For more stealth you can be sub-agent and sub-contractor; however a Power of Attorney would do the job in most case.
I'd have to disagree with this this. Agreed, contracting is definitely better than being an employee. If you're the only employee it can raise suspicion. However in most cases a POA is a terrible idea. As soon as you do this you legally paint a target on your back as the true owner and management of the company. If you're worried about how being an employee looks, having a POA is 10x worse.

Consulting (or even being employed) is a very common and recommended 'legal' way to take money out of your company. Just keep in mind it becomes personal income and will usually be taxed as such when you do this.

Latest Threads